Page Location: Home > Archive (News) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri May 07, 2004 10:24 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C

Been waiting for a online-racer that finally delivers the goods on TRUE car modification? Well 'Juiced' looks like it's set to deliver. Over 7.2 Trillion Combinations will all gamers to basically build any car they want. The game will come with 47 stock cars ranging from family compacts to US V8's as well as high performance imports. Not every car is brand new either, the first car you start out with is a bit of a clunker. You can pick up second-hand bargains as well as brand new cars to work on.

The game is based on a money system. So keeping track of your cash is important. So important that to progress you will need to build up cars and then sell them off for profit.

Juiced takes advantage of a sophisticated physics engine. The Juiced engine models the changing friction on each wheel in detail, and allows for detailed customization of performance and handling. Also winning won't just come easily as you progress through the game. if you don't balance your car out properly you will reap negative performance effects from your setup.

Each car is set up with the proper:
-centre of gravity
-steering geometry
-suspension layout
-brake setup
-bhp
-torque
-tire properties
-wind resistance
-gear ratios

Here is a list of the MANY mods you can apply:
-brakes
-air intakes
-engine management systems
-exhaust systems
-gearbox ratios
-suspension
-nitrous
-turbo systems
-and more

As far as visual appearance you have: Body kits, cosmetic mods wheels, suspension, paint jobs...you name it. However to really drive home the realism they have made it so if you dent, scratch, or damage your car...you have to foot the bill. Also body kits can cause negative results as well. For instance adding a spoiler and side skirts will cause down force on your car and affect drag.

rank 16
Posted:
Fri May 07, 2004 11:47 pm
quote : #2
Sweet, man i hope this gamei is better than nfsu. I expected so much out of that game, but it wasn't what i'd hoped. Man that is going to be pretty cool that if you crash up you car that you have to fix it finally people can't just go around hitting stuff. As far as the negative effect you get on body kits and stuff is pretty od to be in a street race sim game but i guess they want to aim for that realism. Man its going to be tough choosing between this and SRS cause i just saw the trailers for it on IGN man the graphics look sweet .....

Suppa Buddha
rank 7
Posted:
Sun May 09, 2004 12:57 pm
quote : #3
Yeah I hope this game is better than NFSU myself. I'll definitally try it out and ope it won't real ricey. Just reminds me of all the cars out in Chicago racing last night... makes me wanna cry. Crying or Very sad
Memphissss
rank 16
Posted:
Mon May 10, 2004 8:29 pm
quote : #4
Suppa Buddha wrote:
Yeah I hope this game is better than NFSU myself. I'll definitally try it out and ope it won't real ricey. Just reminds me of all the cars out in Chicago racing last night... makes me wanna cry. Crying or Very sad

??? you dont like imports? ....

Suppa Buddha
rank 7
Posted:
Tue May 11, 2004 3:37 pm
quote : #5
I love imports, its just the ugly and slow ones that think they're fast that I hate.

My future car!
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Jeffo984/Pics/s15white.jpg
Memphissss
rank 16
Posted:
Tue May 11, 2004 6:39 pm
quote : #6
oh hell yeah !!! man silvia's rule !!!! I'm more partial to the skyline but i like most all imports .....check this out

Posted Jun Tue15, 2004 01:15 am:

man check out the trailer for this man it looks bad ass. Enjoi!