lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:20 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Mobile Suit Gundam: Megurial Sora
this game is coming out in Japan on sept 4th, and will have a network mode. I am gonna start doing some investigating as to whether certain imports can be played online in other countried. Cause these games will never come to the US, and sometimes if they do the developers take OUT the networking mode before they import the game. MAKES NO SENSE I TELL YOU.

So i'm on the case on this i'll report soon. Anyone else got any info on import games being able to go online from other countries? Namely imports from japan.
Posted:
Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:29 pm
quote : #2
:

the only way for it to work is if you had a japanese PS2, and a japanese broadband adapter because the japanese broadband adapter is different from the US version. also it's obvious they have a network setup in japan for any game they want as here in america we only have a good setup for madden and then there are other games with online modes not worth playing! go figure!

kodabb51
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:02 pm
quote : #3
this guy from skool said dat he plays an import version of ff11 online for his ps2..not sure if he's telling the truth tho...

Caesar
Posted:
Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:48 pm
quote : #4
:

it's possible the japanese version has been released, but this section is about gundam for the ps2

kodabb51
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:59 pm
quote : #5
yea but nikon also asked if anyone had any info on playing imports online in other countries Rolling Eyes

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:49 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
Caesar wrote:
the only way for it to work is if you had a japanese PS2, and a japanese broadband adapter because the japanese broadband adapter is different from the US version. also it's obvious they have a network setup in japan for any game they want as here in america we only have a good setup for madden and then there are other games with online modes not worth playing! go figure!

Interesting that the broadband adaptors are different in japan. I never knew the regions had differences. I do know japan sets up their internet games so that other countries have a damn hard time trying to connect. They want it in Japan online....which is nuts in my honest opinion. Seems like if it's over the internet it should be accessable by all.

I am thinking of getting one of those new import PS2's for $199.99 I am not sure which I would get. I like the import white....but the import gold gundam bundle is pretty sweet, and i would rather play that then a GT4 demo. I really need an import PS2 so I can get the Sega Ages collection.