Topic: Help with the free ISP's

Page 1 of 1
KillerKiid404
rank 3
Posted:
Thu May 13, 2004 5:01 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Tell me the steps on how to get them to work i put them in but when it test the connection it tells me to check my id and password any advice?
Posted:
Thu May 13, 2004 10:44 pm
quote : #2
Which ISP did you use? Have you tried different access numbers?
Posted:
Fri May 14, 2004 1:38 pm
quote : #3
KillerKiid404 wrote:
Tell me the steps on how to get them to work i put them in but when it test the connection it tells me to check my id and password any advice?

if you have XP it is slightly easyer to perform. But if you have 98 it is a little diferent to do in 98. In XP all you have to use is the network configuration tool in the control pannel. Go to the control pannel to acces the network config tool and use the set up and internet connection tool to set one up and just use the stuff you see in the free isp's list to cut and paste it in the requuired fields. Such as the password field and the user name field and dont forget the phone number field. Man i give crappy instructions. just use the jist of all of that < to help you along the way. Its way easyer to cut and paste rather than to enter all that info by hand (or by finger). Check here on how to set up a new connection on XP. And check here on how to configure your current connection on XP.