Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed May 12, 2004 4:07 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok I loved GTA3, and hated Vice City. My feelings for GTA are somewhat of a mixed bag, since I hated Vice City so much. I never was all that interested in GTA San Andreas initially. However after seeing the latest media and the overall theme they are trying to create...

Its looking pretty dope.

All I know is they better have some str8 up gangsta hip-hop in this game. Like Mc Eight, N.W.A, and stuff like that. Like, Compton's Most Wanted - Music to Driveby.....anyone remember that LP?

I swear if they drop some jiggy shit in this game, I just won't be able to purchase it.

Yes music in video games is that important to me.

(BTW; If you havn't heard that album above yet, you need to pick it up. True classic gangsta rap 5 stars * * * * *.)

Last edited by lordnikon on Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
rank 15
Posted:
Wed May 12, 2004 5:47 am
quote : #2
I agree with you completely LordNikon. Vice City was a little lame, and I think that all of the GTA III spin-offs have lowered the appeal to this game to some degree. I hope rockstar actuallty took the time to observe real-life criminal situations to make this game as realistic as possible. Very Happy

Sephiroth Sin
rank 6
Posted:
Wed May 12, 2004 8:18 am
quote : #3
hey dont dis VC. that game was fun as hell. the music might not be all that great but they had alot of exciting missions like the bank robbery one. that was a gaming moment.
Posted:
Thu May 13, 2004 2:03 am
quote : #4
I wasn't dissing Vice City, its a high quality game however I personally did not enjoy myself while playing the game, hence did not like it. I am not saying the game is bad. Its just not for me thats all. I respect the game for what it is and that other gamers really like it.

I don't flame games, I only mention that games don't fit my own personal gaming tastes in the format of an opinion.
banned!
Posted:
Thu May 13, 2004 6:47 pm
quote : #5
Yea i never got into VIce City like i did GTA3 it just all felt like a repeate of the same thing. An going on killing sprees really felt kinda dumb in Vice City since I was all spreed out from GTA3.
Posted:
Fri May 21, 2004 2:06 am
quote : #6
VC was good, but it wore off rather quickly compared to 3. GTA 3 is simply a instant classic, so many more missons (not based on properties money) and the overall mafia theme is the best. The 80s just gets old FAST and weirds me out, however Ray Liotta is dope as always and I almost wish he was in 3.

I dont think that Rockstar will use anything "jiggy" in SA, cmon we arent talking about EA here Wink

I think we are guaranteed some hard early 90s shit, I used to bump "a bitch is a bitch" on my walkman via mini speakers. Embarassed

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri May 21, 2004 5:08 am
quote : #7
But midnight club 2 had jiggy beats in it :[ Well those tracks that were rap oriented were.

Rest was dope house/techno. But the rap on it was mtv garbage.
rank 6
Posted:
Fri May 21, 2004 5:41 pm
quote : #8
In my opinion I thought Vice City was way better than GTAIII. I thouroughly enjoyed VC, I just could not get into vice city at all. Well I guess it is just a matter of personal preference on a persons likes and dislikes. In san andreas I had heeard that it will be based around L.A. in the early 90's, so you can pretty much expect that there will be some really great music in the game.