Page Location: Home > Support > Getting Online > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:06 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well I just found some interesting tutorials on setting up DMZ hosting for my netgear router, and I would love to try them out. So anyone with TMB: O hit me up. Koda helped me last time, and I got atleast a port range open and he did connect to me. However it would be great to get it so DMZ was set up.

Anyone with tmb:o drop me a reply and we can hook up. Thanx
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:11 am
quote : #2
i'd like to help Very Happy lol but i don't know when i can..maybe saturday..and btw..wtf is DMZ??? lol

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:18 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Setting an local IP address to DMZ means it opens all the ports for that specific IP. basically just removes any port blocking features. With PS2 port blocking isn't necessarily needed because there is no real danger of leaving the ports open for this specific device. So if I were able to get it on DMZ then I would have no problem hosting anything with PS2 since there would be no interferance.

I check multiple times at the PS2 message boards at playstation.com, but nobody there wants to spend ANY technical research time...and find out specifically what ports the ps2 games run off of. All they keep saying is....set it to DMZ....set it to DMZ...over and over and over...SO ANNOYING. So even though last weekend we did figure out a BROAD range of ports which would allow me to host TMB:O, it would be nice to just set it to DMZ and not have to research the port # for ever ps2 online game i wanna host(when nobody wants to find out or post what specific ports exist).

So to save myself internet searching headaches, I really wanna get that DMZ feature set. However I am skeptical wether it will work. So wanna test it hehe.
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:20 am
quote : #4
oooooh i get it... lol i'll hit u up wit a pm if i'm able to play Very Happy

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:22 am
quote : #5