Topic: ics questions?

Page 1 of 1
Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:59 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
sometimes i get and error saying network cable unplugged, but i have a crossover cable connected to the ps2 and my network card. also how to i connect the ps2 online after i connect with my computer to the internet? And when i view my connectoin with my computer it says shared so did i set it up right?
Posted:
Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:24 pm
quote : #2
profile : pm
I believe you will have to create a network configuration using all automatic DHCP settings. I have had no experience with ICS, though, and I'm sure that either the ICS information page here at OC will help you out if it hasn't already or another member here could help.

Posted Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:55 pm:

Hey Mir_wan, I tried ICSing a few moments ago (I know I'm doing it wrong; see the bold below) and got the same problem you did in your post here, where my computer (with Windows XP) says the connection is shared but the network cable is unplugged (on the ethernet network card). When I try setting it up on my Start-Up Disc, I get "Ethernet cable not connected to a network."

I know I need a crossover cable (I tried this with a straight-through), but I think the problem lied with the "network cable unplugged" message on my computer, which might've prevented the network card from being included in the ICS setup. Or was it that I absolutely need a crossover cable? When I do get one and ICS, I don't want to be running into the same problem again & I wanted to make sure that it was because of an incorrect cable and not my "network cable unplugged" error.