Page Location: Home > Support > Getting Online > Topic
Memphissss
rank 16
Posted:
Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:03 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hey nikon why dont you put under the online game list wether some of those games function well using ICS just so that people that Use ICS can know wether it will work on ICS or not. U can use like a star system or somthing like that. Just an idea, get back to me if you think its good enought to actially put into action .....

Another idea but i didnt want to make a new thread, but i just thought i'd mention this realizeing that people do ics on this site. this is called an isdn connections. If you got two modems you can use them both and get a connection like that well it would be 56k+56k=112k im going to try it tonight and see how it works. saw it on TechTv i wanted to kno if it will work. if you only have one isp use one of the numbers from the "Free ISP List" . Happy ISDN-ing ....

Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:48 pm
quote : #2
do you know anywhere i can learn to set up this isdn connection. And did your try it out yet?
Posted:
Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:53 am
quote : #3
I'm just giving a guess here, but I would think that it'd involve two 56k modems in the same computer, each modem linked up to a different phone line, each using a different ISP, then ICSing the whole thing so that the ethernet card in your computer would result in the 112k speed. At least, that's how I would think it's portrayed as.
Posted:
Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:02 am
quote : #4
yeah that is how it works on an isd modem except for all of that connection stuff is done by the isp and you get the raw connection at your end. i havent tried it yet but its a theroy that should work.

P.S. man this was dugg up from the past. way back when i was trying to find somthin better that my regular 56K connection, but now i have broad band, its the best man i would suggest it over anything else.

Spidhopddy
rank 13
Posted:
Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:06 pm
quote : #5
yea bb is good now, but would it be possible to hook up more than 2 connections from seperate isps for increased speed?

*High Score on SWBF* 89 Kills -12 Deaths -19 Captures
Total Time Played: 6 hours and 48 minutes
Total Games: 67
Kills: 722
Deaths: 150
satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:03 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
Spidhopddy wrote:
yea bb is good now, but would it be possible to hook up more than 2 connections from seperate isps for increased speed?

Would this be broadband your asking about? or is it still dial-up? In WinXP, there's an option to "bridge connections" when you have more than one network card installed. I haven't tried it out yet as I haven't had two network cards in one machine (or even one network card and an onboard LAN port), and I'm not sure how much of a difference I'd notice by having the two cards go to the same router.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:39 pm
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
Memphissss wrote:
Hey nikon why dont you put under the online game list wether some of those games function well using ICS just so that people that Use ICS can know wether it will work on ICS or not. U can use like a star system or somthing like that. Just an idea, get back to me if you think its good enought to actially put into action .....

I think it is a good idea, however the online games list is getting kind of cramped I keep on adding new features to it. The next row I am adding is a PAL vs NTSC row which will show which games allow you to play with gamers in europe. However this is the last column I can add to the list. I even wanted to add what ports each game runs off of. However the list really is running out of room with the current site's width.

If you want when I get the guides sections open for public use, you are more than welcome to start making a myriad of ICS guides, on how to setup ICS, as well as what games work best.