Topic: REZ

Page 1 of 1
kodabb51
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:20 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
hey does anyone have this game for the ps2?? i know itz a rare game and i really want to get it. is $80 a good price for a brand new copy??

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:48 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Sounds like a good deal to me. I searched around the net and thats about the range in prices I was seeing. Man that game must be really rare.
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:27 pm
quote : #3
Well, $80 isn't too bad, but actually...

I can say that I generally see US NTSC copies (often new/sealed) go for $50-$60 on eBay, plus $5-$6 shipping. JP NTSC copies go for as little as $35, if you have a PS2 that can play Japanese games.

elf2600
rank 5
Posted:
Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:32 pm
quote : #4
tell me, if u guys got REZ would u get the trance vibrator?? i was thinking about getting the game, but i don't know about the vibrator... i just wanted to know what ur take one it was! Twisted Evil
DS-Kingdom Hearts, Advanced Wars 2, Feel The Magic
eMac- World of Warcraft
martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:44 pm
quote : #5
Heh...

Well, my Dreamcast euro rental copy came from RedOctane (like NetFlix but for games) on Friday, and I can tell you right now that I am going to buy my own copy of this game. I like the idea of getting it for DC, but it really is cool enough that I think the availability of more force feedback is worth getting a copy for PS2; I'll be getting the US PS2 version mostly because I'll be able to get the trance vibrator.

It sounds silly (and kinda perverted... if you don't know what I'm talking about then you haven't read the "famous" article over at GameGirlAdvance), but I really do think it'd be cool.

So yes, I think it's worth it for the trance vibrator. Not necessarily just for what she used it for, but yeah, I think it's worth getting.

Last edited by martianviking on Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total

elf2600
rank 5
Posted:
Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:55 pm
quote : #6
well i f u get the vibrator... how would u use it... and by u saying u wouldget one meake s me more comfertable w/ the fact that i want one!! Idea
eMac- World of Warcraft
martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:37 am
quote : #7
Heh heh... Yeah, I could see how you might feel a little "uncomfortable" with the idea of it. I kind of thought that way too, when I first heard about it. I mean, come on, it's got the word "vibrator" right in it. And then there's that article (complete with pictures). So yeah, it's easy to think that maybe it is a little questionable.

But really, the more I've thought about it, the more I realize that it's just another layer of force feedback. You don't have to go and get all sexual with it. I keep thinking of this force-feedback vest that some company was selling a while back; you hooked it up to your stereo and it was supposed to make you feel like you were really "in the game."

I see this kind of like that. Ideally, you could strap it right to the center of your chest, right over the bottom of your sternum. Sort of at the core of your torso. I doubt that will be exactly what ends up happening, but it'll be something like that. And someone who is just watching could, of course, hold it (to get some sort of idea about what you're feeling through the controller).

Besides, it's a really weird game. It makes perfect sense for it to have a really weird peripheral, no?

elf2600
rank 5
Posted:
Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:40 pm
quote : #8
ya, i guess making a strap 4 ur chest would be the best way to enjoy this "trance vibrator" 4 us guys. if u go to play-asia.com and serch 4 Rez... ulll be able to buy this Trance Vibrator and it comes w/ a case and a FREE pack of tissues. so i think the creators knew the reason for making it was!!! but i think if I get Both REZ asnd the vibrator ill turn the case into a "CHEST FORCE PACKŪ". that would ber kool! o well, thanks for ur oppinion...

btw, do u play EQOA:Frountiers? cuz i do and was wondering if u wanted to game somtime! Question
eMac- World of Warcraft
lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:24 pm
quote : #9
i just bought rez and am loving it. Wtf they made a vibrator for the game? lmao. I read the article at gamegirladvance and it does sound like there is no other purpose for this device than what was described in the article.
Posted:
Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:36 pm
quote : #10
Great to hear you finally scored Rez lazybum. How much did you spend on it? On the Playstation 2, I own both the Japanese Import ($12.25) and US version($26.75).
rank 24
Posted:
Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:46 pm
quote : #11
i found the us version at gamecrazy for 29.99. Cheaper than getting it on amazon cus of the shipping costs. I was suprised to find it at gamecrazy tho i kno the game is really rare. Once I saw it I knew I had to buy it.
Posted:
Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:47 pm
quote : #12
A very solid price, well worth it. Let me know when you get to Level 5 Wink Awe inspiring experience.
rank 24
Posted:
Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:30 am
quote : #13
im only to level 3 right now, but im taking my time and enjoying the experience. I keep going back and playing the first three levels on the scored mode and sometimes i do the travel mode thing so i can just look at the levels. I love how the music and sound all are part of the game. I have my ps2 hooked up to my stereo system's speakers so i get to hear the game with blasting bass too. I love it hehe.
Posted:
Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:21 am
quote : #14
i remember when this game came out the only place i could find it was in an e.b. 45 mins. away for something like $90. even though i really wanted the game and i knew it was rare i could't justify buying it b/c my son was only two and money was tight. well about four months later on boxing day i went to this electronics store that doesn't really stock many games and not only did they have the game they had something like six copies of it and they were selling it for about $20. i bought my copy and i so wanted to buy the rest but my wife would never understand why i would purchase so many copies of the same game. at that time i think it was going for about $100+ on ebay sealed. damn if i could only go back and buy them anyways. Laughing
also just reflecting the general consensus one of the best games i have ever played, especially in the dark with the base pumping. it's been a while since i played it maybe it's time to dig it up and start playing again.

lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:48 pm
quote : #15
yea its a very addicting game. I can see myself not getting tired of this game for a very long time. I've never played any game like this before.

Posted Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:46 pm:

My post from august was correct, never getting tired of this game. Just played straight through level 1 to 5 last night and was still an awesome experience. That last level is just the best thing ever. You really feel like you accomplish something once you finish it.

Also I read in a gamefaq that there is an alternate ending if you shoot down 100 percent of the stuff in the final level. Has anyone seen this. Pleas no spoilers, but like if you have seen it , is it worth the effort to try for a 100 percent shoot down rate?