Topic: Getting FFXI...

Page 1 of 2
Link00seven
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:23 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I plan on getting FF11 for my bday (which is July) so I'm wondering who plays it here, and which server I should "try" to get on. I know you can't really pick though...Sad stupid Worldpass shit...

Anyway, should I get the game? How is it? Is the fee worth it?

Thanks in advance.

satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:36 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I have it. I'm currently on the Odin server and could get you a world pass if you'd like. It's a pretty cool game, a little slow when starting out, but once you get to about level 10, things start to pick up when you're in parties. The fee? Meh, i'd rather it be free, or somewhere closer to PSO's fee, but I guess it's bareable. As for whether you should get it or not... that's really up to you... To bad you can't rent the game first to see how it is...

Link00seven
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:07 pm
quote : #3
I know I like MMORPG's, except that Everquest Frontiers had a really shit community, lol. If this game has a good community, i'm all for it.

As for the world pass, when I get the game, i'd appricate it. How do you send me a worldpass though O_o. God i'm going to be a newbie at a game again! (It's great!)

satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:27 pm
quote : #4
Linkooseven wrote:
I know I like MMORPG's, except that Everquest Frontiers had a really shit community, lol. If this game has a good community, i'm all for it.

As for the world pass, when I get the game, i'd appricate it. How do you send me a worldpass though O_o. God i'm going to be a newbie at a game again! (It's great!)

The community is awesome, many many people who are willing to help a n00b out. And to send you a world pass, all I gotta do is give you the name of my server, and the word pass number. You input both at character creation, just after choosing your name.

Suppa Buddha
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:30 pm
quote : #5
If you happen to want a WP for Quetzalcoatl just tell me, I'll run and get one for ya.
satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:40 pm
quote : #6
Suppa Buddha wrote:
If you happen to want a WP for Quetzalcoatl just tell me, I'll run and get one for ya.

Hah! Too late! I got him first! ::dances::

Link00seven
rank 6
Posted:
Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:29 pm
quote : #7
lol.

Yeah, i'm on Odin with Satoshi now. Although I still suck at the game, Razz

Suppa Buddha
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:28 am
quote : #8
LOL . It's cool, I barely get online anymore since summer is here, FFXI is taking up a lot of my time. Oh well what can ya do?
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:19 pm
quote : #9
Suppa Buddha wrote:
LOL . It's cool, I barely get online anymore since summer is here, FFXI is taking up a lot of my time. Oh well what can ya do?

Same here but I enjoyed every bit of it. Link, if you have an interest in FF:XI for the PS2 then by all means buy it, or at least have someone buy it for you. Very Happy

McRing_Ring
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:04 pm
quote : #10
i plan on buying it too, around July 2nd. I also have a friend buying it, so we'll be on the same server. Could someone get us a worldpass for Odin? Of course not til around July

PS2 only reads Tribes right now...
satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:06 pm
quote : #11
McRing_Ring wrote:
i plan on buying it too, around July 2nd. I also have a friend buying it, so we'll be on the same server. Could someone get us a worldpass for Odin? Of course not til around July

Odin? Yea, I could, I'll have to remember to save some cash (in-game) for that though, I like spending money...

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:23 pm
quote : #12
I am seriously thinking about getting back into this game (I know, that's what I said last time) once my friend gets it.

-Mytho
Posted:
Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:30 pm
quote : #13
The only complaint that I had about FF:XI is that it took too much time out of my other games. Other than that it was superb.

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:32 pm
quote : #14
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:
The only complaint that I had about FF:XI is that it took too much time out of my other games. Other than that it was superb.

That's the reason why I quit playing. That and the fact that my friends in the game never got on at the same time I did. Razz

-Mytho
Posted:
Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:28 pm
quote : #15
satoshi wrote:
McRing_Ring wrote:

Odin? Yea, I could, I'll have to remember to save some cash (in-game) for that though, I like spending money...

Me and my friend will pay you back ASAP, i've been doing research on the game a lot today. It seems a lot more in depth then other MMORPGs :)

Posted Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:29 pm:

i also have a question, is the first expansion included when you buy the original, or do you buy it seperately?

PS2 only reads Tribes right now...