Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
Sephiroth Sin
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:42 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
www.hdloader.com

its a storage system for your PS2 Hard drive... but you dont need the official hard drive to use it. you can use your own.

it rips games onto the hard drive so you wont need the disk, and it drastically decrease loading times.

the only thing that sucks is that you can't play DNAS enabled games online without the actual disc.

i already preordered mine and going to rip Tribes on it, since its not DNAS enabled.
i wonder if someone will find a way to make DLC for Tribes and store it on the HDD.
Posted:
Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:36 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Oh man, i was soooo excited when I saw this! I have an official harddrive, but that's alright. I can't wait for it to come out, it'll be awesome, I'll finally be able to return my friend's games =P Plus all the games will load faster if they are put on the HDD. And any games I rent... ::drool::

Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:03 am
quote : #3
does anyone know if this will be sold at stores?
Posted:
Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:54 am
quote : #4
Mir_wan wrote:
does anyone know if this will be sold at stores?

I seriously doubt it. Internet retailers (places that you would normally buy modchips) will probably be your best bet.

As far as what I think about it, I am really mostly interested in its ability to "format" a non-Sony hard drive for the PS2. There isn't yet confirmation that it will allow "normal" games to use a third-party hard drive as if it was the official Sony one, but I hope that it turns out to be capable of that. I am definitely interested in the prospect of acquiring a PS2 HDD without having to fork over $100 for Final Fantasy XI (I have realized that I just don't the time or interest to be playing Final Fantasy online). And I'm just not that concerned with loading times.
Spidhopddy
rank 13
Posted:
Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:52 pm
quote : #5
hey, when does this thing actually come out online, like when is the preorder going to be over. Any1 kno a release date?

Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:31 pm
quote : #6
I do believe this is will spawn illegal usage. F*cking pirates.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:37 pm
quote : #7
I feel this product would be of serious use to us gamers. However pirates will abuse this product. Which will most likly cause sony to take steps with their online titles and DNAS. Be very carefull with this product your PS2 machine could get banned for using this device. We don't know yet how sony will react to it.
rank 13
Posted:
Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:44 pm
quote : #8
Yea they probly create some sort of authentication to see if you are booting the game off the HD loader. Leave it up to Sony to try to shut this down.

Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:14 pm
quote : #9
I agree with them if they do...

Spidhopddy
rank 13
Posted:
Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:16 am
quote : #10
Apple wrote:
I agree with them if they do...

Yea, but they should find a way to incorporate this technique through legal ways, such as having some sort of confirmation that u have purchased or own the game.

Posted Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:32 pm:

it comes out tomm. If you preordered it you should be recieving it around this weekend or tomm.

*High Score on SWBF* 89 Kills -12 Deaths -19 Captures
Total Time Played: 6 hours and 48 minutes
Total Games: 67
Kills: 722
Deaths: 150
kingofgrills
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:47 pm
quote : #11
Given how Sony has reacted in the past to protect their stuff (remember Bleem!?), I don't think they will handle this well, regardless of whether or not the product is good.

If you get one, just be careful using it while online until you know what defensive steps, if any, Sony has taken.

This is what Sony should have done with the hard drive in the first place though. Rolling Eyes

Spidhopddy
rank 13
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:51 pm
quote : #12
kingofgrills wrote:

If you get one, just be careful using it while online until you know what defensive steps, if any, Sony has taken.
Rolling Eyes

u cant play DNAS online games wit this. The authentication shows it as a cheat device.

*High Score on SWBF* 89 Kills -12 Deaths -19 Captures
Total Time Played: 6 hours and 48 minutes
Total Games: 67
Kills: 722
Deaths: 150
satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:19 pm
quote : #13
Spidhopddy wrote:
kingofgrills wrote:

Rolling Eyes

u cant play DNAS online games wit this. The authentication shows it as a cheat device.

Yea, i just hope Sony doesn't start searching my HDD when I boot up FFXI or SOCOM II(using the actual disc)... (both DNAS enabled games). Especially FFXI, 'cause I could at least turn off the HDD in SOCOM II...

kodabb51
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:56 pm
quote : #14
so did anyone get their hdloader yet?? if so how is it??????????????????? i just ordered mine today from consolesource