Topic: Sarge's war?

Page 1 of 1
Magician
rank 1
Posted:
Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:22 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I don't know if this is old news or not, but i just noticed there's a PS2/gamecube version of this pc game, and the ps2 version has multiplayer modes of deathmatch,team deathmatch,and ctf listed. Rather this game has been cancled or not (or when this game was first announced) i can't seem to find any notice of.

Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:45 pm
quote : #2
are you talking about the army men game?
Posted:
Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:58 pm
quote : #3
If you are indeed talking about Army Men: Sarge's War, EGM explained the situation with it pretty well in its latest issue...

Quote:
We reviewed Army Men: Sarge's War (GC) over a year and a half ago, giving it 4.5, 4.0, and 5.0 out of 10, but it never hit stores because 3DO went bankrupt. Now, publisher Globalstar is releasing the game (PS2, XB, and GC this time). If you see it, back away slowly, do not yell, do not show fear...
Posted:
Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:20 am
quote : #4
Theres so many Army Men games out there that we really don't need another. I didn't know 3DO went belly up though, thats too bad. i seen an old 3DO machine the other with 6 games for $50.00 and thought about buying it. Just like Atari, gone and almost forgotten. I have Army Men: Sarges Heroes for the Dreamcast and thought it was a good game with N64 graphics. I'm not sure how many sequels have come since then but i bet "too many" would be a good answer.