Page Location: Home > PENDING DELETION > Final Fantasy XI Online > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:17 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Posts: 2827
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hi guys, jsut wanted to let you all know the public FF-XI Online screencaps gallery is now open for public use. Feel free to upload all the screenshots you want. Remember these cannot be link to outside links at other website's. Hotlink protection is on.

Enjoy.

Last edited by lordnikon on Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
  _________________
The most effective, in this war?
The Bydo have it... and they control it.
Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:05 pm
quote : #2
profile : pm
Posts: 463
Which I found out after I got yelled at for using the graphic to plug the site.
 
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:24 pm
quote : #3
profile : pm
Posts: 2827
Type: NTSC-U/C
lol sorry about that, yea i had to impliment hotlink protection globally because some user's were stealing design images....my site designs...and using them in their own websites by linking to them. I had to put a stop to it.
  _________________
The most effective, in this war?
The Bydo have it... and they control it.
martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:38 am
quote : #4
profile : pm
Posts: 107
Heh... I did that once with the OC buttons, trying to set up my signature for another site. I was going to change it after I got it straight, but I wasn't even through tweaking it before I got a PM asking me why I got turned on by stealing images. Good show, Nikon. Very Happy

Glad to hear that the official FF XI gallery is up, and I look forward to browsing it.
  _________________
As the audio experience is integral to this game,
for maximum enjoyment, headphones or an ideal listening
environment are highly recommended.
TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:20 pm
quote : #5
profile : pm
Posts: 862
Type: NTSC-U/C
You guys know if there is any way you can take pictures on the PC version outside of hitting Print Screen? (I'm considering renewing my account. If anyone has a spare world pass, hit me up.)

-Mytho
 
satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:41 pm
quote : #6
profile : pm
Posts: 403
Type: NTSC-U/C
TheMytho wrote:
You guys know if there is any way you can take pictures on the PC version outside of hitting Print Screen? (I'm considering renewing my account. If anyone has a spare world pass, hit me up.)

-Mytho


That's the only way, and probably the best way. Oh wait, does Print Screen on the PC NOT get rid of the menus and stuff? Try hitting scroll lock and then print screen, it gets rid of the menus and then takes a screenshot and saves it. At least it does in the PS2 version.

Edit: It says I'm not authorized to upload images...
 
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:58 pm
quote : #7
profile : pm
Posts: 2827
Type: NTSC-U/C
http://playstation2.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/album_cat.php?cat_id=19

Last edited by lordnikon on Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
  _________________
The most effective, in this war?
The Bydo have it... and they control it.
satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:22 pm
quote : #8
profile : pm
Posts: 403
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hmn, works now, odd. What's with all the spaces in each of the URLs..?

Edit: You know what'd be really cool? If you could e-mail the pictures to an e-mail and it'd post them. 'Cause then we could just e-mail them directly from PlayOnline to Onlineconsoles, instead of going through our own e-mail first. But that might be a hard thing to implement..
 
kodabb51
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:28 pm
quote : #9
profile : pm
Posts: 103
funny...it says no pics wen i go to da link..Confused
 
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:20 am
quote : #10
profile : pm
Posts: 2827
Type: NTSC-U/C
The spaces inbetween URL's is for when someone would post a REALLLLLLLLLY huge long URL...like an ebay url or something...it wouldn't wrap so it stretched out the site's design. The URL still functions the same, just it's presentation has spaces in it so that it will wrap if its a long URL.

Posted Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:22 am:

BTW: Having it email here and uploading automatically would not work. I don't even know how it would do that hehe. So I don't think that is possible at the moment. Going to have to upload them yourself.
  _________________
The most effective, in this war?
The Bydo have it... and they control it.
TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:41 pm
quote : #11
profile : pm
Posts: 862
Type: NTSC-U/C
satoshi wrote:


That's the only way, and probably the best way. Oh wait, does Print Screen on the PC NOT get rid of the menus and stuff? Try hitting scroll lock and then print screen, it gets rid of the menus and then takes a screenshot and saves it. At least it does in the PS2 version.


Your right. Smile

And I have a few pictures of some non-OC members I'd like to post. Is this like a yearbook photo where everyone has to be from the same school (in this case, website), or will it be allowed to have pics of gamers who aren't at OC.com, but have some relation to the picture-taker (friends, rivals)?

-Mytho
  _________________
Need a copy of Twisted Metal Black Online? PM me!
DRBagabundo
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:58 pm
quote : #12
profile : pm
Posts: 112
It's a damn shame I can't play this game man. I'd like to thank that user(his AIm name is TheDarkDuel) for trying to hook me up with a World Pass. I guess to play it, I'll have to pay for the damn thing.


Nikon, props on the Avatar.
  _________________
Contacts: DRBagabundo@aol.com, AOL, AIM, IGN, TGN, GameTZ, all DRBagabundo
Now Playing:
PS2 - Def Jam Fight for New York, Need for Speed UnderGround 2 & ESPN NFL 2K5
XBOX - Ninja Gaiden & Halo 2 Limited Collector's Edition
satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:40 pm
quote : #13
profile : pm
Posts: 403
Type: NTSC-U/C
TheMytho wrote:
satoshi wrote:


That's the only way, and probably the best way. Oh wait, does Print Screen on the PC NOT get rid of the menus and stuff? Try hitting scroll lock and then print screen, it gets rid of the menus and then takes a screenshot and saves it. At least it does in the PS2 version.


Your right. Smile

And I have a few pictures of some non-OC members I'd like to post. Is this like a yearbook photo where everyone has to be from the same school (in this case, website), or will it be allowed to have pics of gamers who aren't at OC.com, but have some relation to the picture-taker (friends, rivals)?

-Mytho


Heh, i borrowed my friend's PC version and installed it a couple of months ago. So I now know how it works ^_^;;

Yea, I see no problem in posting pics of non-OC members. As long as they don't mind I guess, but even then, I probably wouldn't even ask them ^_^
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Display:   
 
View previous topic - View next topic
Page Location: Home > PENDING DELETION > Final Fantasy XI Online > Topic