Page 1 of 1
Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:00 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
i was wondering if their was way to make changes to your modem so that it will work better over ics and if there are what should i do?
Posted:
Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:45 pm
quote : #2
I wouldn't know about changes to the modem specifically, but make sure you don't have any other internet-using programs on your computer that are running in the system tray or taskbar, things like AIM. That alone takes off a lot of lag.

I am always connecting at a so-so speed of 45200 bps now, but I wish it would go back to 52000 bps like the way it used to be. Maybe that was because of repeated usage over the years that wore down the connection speed. What speed are you usually connecting at?
Posted:
Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:47 pm
quote : #3
42666bps and verry rarely 44000 so does that mean ive got a crappy modem or sumtin then?
Posted:
Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:16 pm
quote : #4
it just means that the number that your dialing up to is just a slower connection, if your isp offers diferrent numbers play around with diferrent ones so try to get a faster connection speed. an easy way to get a faster connection is just to cough up the extra money a month and get broad band, trust me and who ever else when they say that broad band is worth the money....... Cool

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:12 pm
quote : #5
ya i know i came across some cheeeap ass broadband for 17$ that gives ya 256k but i think its only availible in the uk and i think it was called tiscali or something
Posted:
Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:47 am
quote : #6
Gforce wrote:
42666bps and verry rarely 44000 so does that mean ive got a crappy modem or sumtin then?

Most likley it's due to your phone lines. There's not too much you can do about it, I'd try a different modem if you got one laying around though. I think V.92 is the most recent.