Page Location: Home > Support > Getting Online > Topic
Eckostyle
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:40 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
This just started to happen recently. For the last few days, whenever I log into SOCOM 2, it takes quite a bit of time for the Briefing rooms, messages, and my friends list to display anything, sometimes leaving me hanging until I get disconnected and dumped back to the title screen. When the stuff actually pops up, most of it doesn't(only a few briefing rooms, and like 3 games in the room). When I try to join a game, it hangs at the map loading screen, and I get disconnected. Any idea of what's causing it and how to fix it? I havent been able to play for days.

My modem is a Terayon TJ615 cable modem, which is connected to my PC via USB, and I have a Nyko Net Extender(click here for link) connecting my PS2 to my PC's ethernet card(shared connection inside PC). All my other online games work perfectly.
Posted:
Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:00 am
quote : #2
SOCOM's online sucks. i dont know what it is, the network, the ammount of traffic, somthing. but it sucks. somtimes mics dont work, somtimes it doesnt show your clan, somtimes it shows you somone else's buddy list.
rank 16
Posted:
Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:01 am
quote : #3
it happens to all people that play socom, i think that it means that they need to fix those damn server that they are runnin, but as do others have their opinion.....

Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:08 pm
quote : #4
good i thought these problems were just my connection//// i hate these problems needs to be fixed
Posted:
Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:56 pm
quote : #5
yeah i think its the servers cause somtimes it will do that and somtimes it wont.... Twisted Evil

SolidSnake
banned!
Posted:
Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:26 pm
quote : #6
It use to always give me problems but recently i havent had any maybe your problems will go away soon.
Posted:
Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:01 am
quote : #7
Fixed some equipment, uts all good now.

Linksys = Very Happy