Topic: My PS2 Broke!!!!!

Page 1 of 1
DRBagabundo
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:19 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Yep fellas, my PS2 is a goner. My nephew pulled the controller cord while I was playing Def Jam Vendetta and drop it from my 55 inch...damn that shit was so painful to watch. It no longer reads disc and you can here a piece moving around inside. I didn't attempt to open it up because I didn't want to make the warranty void so I'm gonna leave it at that. It still reads the Memory Cards, Controllers, Network Adapter and Hard Disk Drive. It's not reading games. Luckily I have a spare PS2 lying around so I'm using that one for now.

I need to find out the number to call Sony and tell them I get a disc read error or something like that. Anyone know it? Post it here, I wanna fix my PS2 asap. By the way, I have a Scarface Skin on my PS2, do I need to remove it before I send it to Sony?
XBOX - Ninja Gaiden & Halo 2 Limited Collector's Edition
Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:22 pm
quote : #2
They'll probably be able to tell it was damaged and I don't know if they'll replace it. If your other PS2 reads games, could you use an HD Loader to backup your games for use on the broken PS2?

kingofgrills
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:36 pm
quote : #3
Unless you purchased your PS2 within the last 60 to 90 days, or bought an extended warranty for it from the retailer, I'm afraid you're probably SOL for warranty support. Sony has an extremely short warranty period - largely because of painful scenarios like the one you just experienced. Sorry, man.

I think your PS2 is definitely worth repairing though, especially if it's an older model with the link port in it. That's a keeper.

Good luck!

JustinB615
rank 1
Posted:
Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:32 pm
quote : #4
The number is 1-800-345-SONY (7669). It has happened to many people before. I'm sure they will fix it, but you may have to pay for shipping.

DRBagabundo
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:35 pm
quote : #5
Heheh, I called Sony about 5 minutes after I posted. GOt all the info in my email box and I'll probablly be shipping my console out tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll get it back repaired and soon.
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:51 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea dude I would just tell them you just bought the console, tried to take it back to the store and they wouldn't refund you your money. So you decided to get it sent to sony for repairs. Heck they should repair it. It's under warrenty.
rank 39
Posted:
Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:11 am
quote : #7
yeah do you think they will replace ur hdd if its broken.... Do they repair console for a heavy price or is hte price managable....

I remember when i dropped my ps1 and i had to buy a new one...i got a new one for 70 at the time when they were 100 everywhere else....

very painfull to watch your system get broken.

Posted Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:13 pm:

i bet sonthing is worng with the chip that is connected to your laser lens... When i took my ps1 apar5t after breaking it thats what was in pieces........It read everything but games..
Posted:
Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:26 am
quote : #8
THey emailed me all the info on where to send it and blah blah blah. Anywho, they asked me if I dropped it, of course I said know. They asked if I used gamesharks or any of the cheating devices, another no. Then this is what got me excited, "Usually we charge 98$ for a repair, but in your case, the repair will be free"...lol...they say that to everyone. I will be sending my PS2 out by the end of the week and hopefully get it back by next week, highly unlikely but, fuck it...as long as my PS2 works, it's all good. I have a spare PS2 that I'm using now so I will still be able to play games online. I'll try to make it to the Socom II game tonight, but my satellite connection stinks.