Page Location: Home > Archive (News) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:56 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C

Last week Agetec updated their website with official details on Armored Core Nexus, set to hit US shores at the end of September. This latest installment in the series will prove to be the best system link enabled game release ever, for any console. Armored Core on Playstation 2 has always been about hardcore competition and system link. And Armored Core Nexus is no exception. Now you are probobly thinking to yourself, "Woe wait, your making a pretty bold statement there, saying AC:Nexus is the finest system link release to hit the market....for any console?"

Armored Core Nexus will come bundled with 2 discs. Each of the discs will include ALL of the multiplayer files required for system link gameplay over i.link or LAN. Now you won't have to find a friend in your area that also owns a copy of Nexus. You'll have everything you need right there. All you'll need is for them to bring over their system. And since the game is both i.link and lan compatible it will system link on any PS2 with an i.link port or network adaptor.

But that's just the half of it. Tournament mode is also offered. This allows 4 players to compete on 4 seperate systems ... and a 5th Television can be connected for a real-time replay and observer mode. Amazing? Hell fucking yea.

Nexus will also allow splitscreen combat for up to 4 players on 2 systems. Which is perfect for team-based competition.

Here are some more details on ACN's other features:
Dynamic Action - Considerable refinement of the game's engine makes Armored Core: Nexus the most realistic title in the series yet. The player's sense of participation has been improved by providing a wider diversity of destructible objects, accentuating variations in speed, enhancing combat-related details, and including a more robust suite of sound effects.

Open-Ended Assembly - AC unit customization, a core element of all the games in the series, has also been addressed. Players now have access to over 400 different parts that can be used to construct literally millions of different AC designs. Weapons and parts have been completely redesigned from the previous titles and new part types have been added, thereby allowing longtime users to build completely new AC designs. Part tuning was also added to increase the usability of any part the player chooses.

Mission Environments - Just as with its predecessors, Armored Core: Nexus offers players complete freedom of movement in a fully 3D polygon space. New to the series is Nexus' "active mission" feature, which takes into consideration a player's in-mission actions in order to determine how they advance through the game. This allows the player to become more immersed in the adventure and derive a better sense of cause and effect.

Full Analog Control - Another first for the series is full dual analog control, allowing more options for the player to choose how to control their AC.

Dolby Pro Logic II Sound - Experience explosive audio you can feel as well as hear!

Redesigned Interface - The menus and garage have a received a complete graphical facelift.

rank 39
Posted:
Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:31 pm
quote : #2
i will defently be getting this title.. we will haveto play some tunneled games nikon.
Posted:
Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:52 pm
quote : #3
lordnikon wrote:

Full Analog Control - Another first for the series is full dual analog control, allowing more options for the player to choose how to control their AC.

To quote the Kool-Aid jar: Oh yeah! Very Happy

-Mytho
Posted:
Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:24 am
quote : #4
oh hell yeah. definately put it on my must thave list.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
marioman
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:33 am
quote : #5
Seems like a good game, but i highly doudt i would enjoy it more then halo lan.

Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:34 am
quote : #6
Halo LAN is great.....This game might be alot like Mechassult while playing lan or online.
Posted:
Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:20 pm
quote : #7
NOTHING like mech assault. The only similarity is well there's a mech. Right?

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:57 pm
quote : #8
marioman wrote:
Seems like a good game, but i highly doudt i would enjoy it more then halo lan.

I'm not talking about the game itself. This is all personal opinion and is so with any game. You might not like armored core's gameplay at all. I wasn't even trying to say AC is a better game than any other game.

I was stressing that as far as features. Does Halo, TimeSplitters 2, Unreal Tournament, whatever other game....any other system link game....give you 2 discs on release? and also give you the ability to hook up an extra television for viewing the matches in full, and replays.

The fact is, no. This is currently going to be the most complete and smart system link game release. Period.

Gameplay is another story, and it all comes down to personal opinion on that.

Posted Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:02 pm:

Mir_wan wrote:
Halo LAN is great.....This game might be alot like Mechassult while playing lan or online.
Nothing like mech assault. Like apple said, the only similarity is there are mechs. Armored Core is a much more serious game with realistic physics and unlimited mech customization. There is an extreme scale for skill improvement. Armored Core takes time and patience as welll as getting really into the mech customization.

I personally am not recommending this game to anyone. Rent a game in the AC series before you pick up nexus. The game isn't for everyone.

If your looking for a spot on realistic mech simulator with very intense combat, awsome graphics, and vast room for creative expression, then check out any of the Armored Core games.
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:40 pm
quote : #9
Oh, ok thats clears alot up.

martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:10 am
quote : #10
lordnikon wrote:
...Armored Core Nexus will come bundled with 2 discs. Each of the discs will include ALL of the multiplayer files required for system link gameplay over i.link or LAN. Now you won't have to find a friend in your area that also owns a copy of Nexus. You'll have everything you need right there...

Now that is very cool. If you want to encourage people to take advantage of features like system link, this is the way to do it. Awesome.

Much respect to the suits who allowed this to happen.
FearNo1
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:32 pm
quote : #11
System link but no online play?? I'll pass...

MICHAE2414
rank 24
Posted:
Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:35 pm
quote : #12
EGM showed this game as having online play in their review, but I don't think that's the case with all this talk of system link...did AC: Nexus in fact go online, or was the mag faulty on that?
Posted:
Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:08 am
quote : #13
i did see that review with them saying online play.. this would open more multiplayer options if this game indeed did have online play...either way im sure the system link and tunneling will be popular...either way i will give this game a shot..

Does anyone have anyother official conformation of online play or was this just a error in the magazine.
Posted:
Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:50 am
quote : #14
I think these are errors in magazines. Gamepro said it as well.

The agetec website, armorecoreonline forums, as well as every other source I have found....have stated this game will jsut be i.link and LAN. So far there has been no official word and agetec is still saying its LAN. If by some crazy chance the game is shipped with online functionality, it's not like the code would be new. It would be the same as the JP version. The JP version was i.link and LAN only. No online. And agetec just makes minor changes to the game and preps it for localization. They wouldn't re-write the netcode.

So by some crazy last minute chance they try to ship this game with any easily accessable online functions. They would probobly just setup some sort of master list and teach the game to tunnel to that master list. And it would prolly have no chat functions or anything. But I highly doubt this will happen.

Regardless people are already tunneling this game with a program called SoftEther.
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:42 am
quote : #15
Exactly. So long as they ship it with TCP/IP LAN functionality, we're in business. With the added bonus that it can never be taken offline.

How's that for an upside?