Page Location: Home > Archive (News) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:50 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C

I must have missed this information during E3, it really wasn't posted anywhere. I didn't stumble upon it until just now. Anyways ... The new game PARIAH from Digital Extremes(Unreal developer) is headed to the Playstation 2. They have chosen another team to work on the development of the game on the PS2. Toronto based developer Pseudo Interactive:

"Choosing Pseudo Interactive to join us in making Pariah the next great first-person game was a no-brainer. Merging Pseudo Interactive's technical prowess with Digital Extremes' creative vision, pariah will be a force to reckon with on Playstation 2," said Jon Walsh, CEO of Groove Games. "We're bringing collaboration between publishers and developers to a whole new level with this project. Collectively our main objective is to make a great game no matter what."

Pariah is a First Person Shooter set in a sci-fi world. You play the role of a doctor who is given a 2nd chance at life after a near-fatal crash. You team up with a woman infected by a lethal virus. You must escape from a contaminated prison sector within 16 hours before a thermonuclear bomb detonates to eradicate all possible traces of the virus. Pariah uses a heavily altered Unreal engine as well as havok physics. You will be able to customize your weapons, drive vehicles as well as engage in a massive multiplayer mode.

The game will be available for the Playstation 2 in Spring of 2005, and will be published in North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand.

For more information please feel free to visit the official website:
http://www.pariahgame.com

rank 7
Posted:
Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:28 pm
quote : #2
Actually looking at this game, it looks pretty interesting... maybe this will make up for UT2k3 and 2k4 Mr. Green (Which if you don't know I strongly believe were just terrible)

PS2 only reads Tribes right now...
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:46 am
quote : #3
Yea the fact that no Unreal online games have been released on ther PS2 is troubling. This actually making it's way to the PS2 should be a great thing. I can't wait to see how this game turns out.
rank 6
Posted:
Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:54 pm
quote : #4
yeah hopefully the PS2 version will come with the Map Editing feature that the xbox is getting, lets cross our fingers Very Happy
Posted:
Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:47 pm
quote : #5
Well, looks like Digitial Extremes is trying to indeed do just that: http://ps2.ign.com/articles/543/543927p1.html

Quote:
The first part of our demo focused on the in-game editor. While map builders an user-created content is something we almost take for granted in PC games now, Digital Extremes really wants to bring the same kind of modding and content creation community that you find with PC games to the consoles. To achieve this goal, Digital Extremes will ship a full editor with every version of the game: PC, Xbox and PS2. The Xbox version of the editor was on deck in the demo today. While we only saw the Xbox editor, Digital Extremes say they are working to bring the editor to the PS2 as well, and hope to support the PS2 hard drive to store user-created content.

That's right, HDD support. Something else to be excited about. Smile
Posted:
Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:58 pm
quote : #6
MICHAE2414 wrote:
Well, looks like Digitial Extremes is trying to indeed do just that: http://ps2.ign.com/articles/543/543927p1.html

Quote:
The first part of our demo focused on the in-game editor. While map builders an user-created content is something we almost take for granted in PC games now, Digital Extremes really wants to bring the same kind of modding and content creation community that you find with PC games to the consoles. To achieve this goal, Digital Extremes will ship a full editor with every version of the game: PC, Xbox and PS2. The Xbox version of the editor was on deck in the demo today. While we only saw the Xbox editor, Digital Extremes say they are working to bring the editor to the PS2 as well, and hope to support the PS2 hard drive to store user-created content.

That's right, HDD support. Something else to be excited about. Smile

Yay, something else I can use my HDD for!

PS2 only reads Tribes right now...
satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:07 pm
quote : #7
Sweet zombie jesus! HDD Support! Awesome!! This game was looking good before, but now with the (hopeful) inclusion of the map editor and possible HDD support, this game is definatly on my must buy list!