Topic: Got PS2 Questions...

Page 1 of 1
cApNhOwDy
unknown
Posted:
Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:42 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Okay, I am a HUGE fan of Pop'n Music. It's a Bemani game where you hit colored "Pop" in coordination with ur pop'n music controller. Neways, my mom's really not going to let me get a modification on my PS2 to give it a fliptop. So, I'm very much considering just buying a Japanese PS2, because I really have a lot of importin to do. So, here's my questions.

1. The electricity plug that goes to the outlet, will it work with US outlets? I know that EU people have different shaped outlets than ours, so I was wondering if this would be a problem. And....

2. Pop'n Music Online game is coming soon, if its not already out. So..... is there any chance of me getting it online aaaaaaalll the way over here in the US? Considering that Japan is a ways away, that might be a problem.

Anyway, thanks for looking and for ur consideration. Please reply soon.

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:36 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
is this pop'n game u talkin about the ps2's equivalent of that donkey konga game on gamecube?
Posted:
Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:25 pm
quote : #3
No, uh.... look here. http://www.ebaumsworld.com/asianarcade.html

Unique, very different. I got the chance to play the PS2 version of this with a $430 (yes, you heard me right!) Pop'n Music arcade style controller, seen here. http://www.toysnjoys.com/access_ps2/popnmusicarcadestylecontroller.jpg Trust me, it's a much MUCH bigger controller than it loks. It squiched my lap when I played.

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:08 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
shhit and i thought that $200 steel batillion xbx controller was outrageous ya know i really hope ya got ur moneys worth Shocked
Posted:
Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:42 pm
quote : #5
Oh, it's well worth it. Lets lookitehspecs.....

DDRMAX, JP version, bout 90-100 songs...... same with DDRMAX2 JP....... not bad.

Pop'n Music, 7,8,9, and very very soon 10, 11, and online (Edit: this just in!!!! I just found out that they've announced Pop'n Music 12!! w00t!!!) ...... each with about 150 songs each...... hmmmm which is the better buy? I'll be damned if it aint teh pop'n music!!! I cant resist!!! I've actually found some even cool looking arcade-sized controllers for bout $200, and they come with flashing lights for when you hit teh buttons.

Really tight game but back on task. Will a JP PS2 work in American electricity outlets? The question remains......

zero
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:44 pm
quote : #6
I hate to tell you this but i don't think it will work. In japan they use 50htz when they cycle between directions for there ac power grid. In the Us and canada we use 60htz. I also belive the voltage between the 2 places is different. I think Japan uses 100volts and north america runs it's lines at 220 volts but don't quote me on the voltage part. So what does that mean you ask. Well you run the risk of damageing the equipment if it does indeed work at all. Have you ever seen movies where people go to Europe or something from North America and there Shaver or clock doesn't work very fast. Thats because of the Difference in Htz i wouldn't want to see a device that is expecting 50 htz have to take 60. My segestion is that you go to radio shack or some place that sells electronic goods and explain your problem im sure that adapters exist that could allow you to safely run your device. Representing the Sonoma State Physics department
Zero is out Mr. Green