Topic: Monster Hunter

Page 1 of 2
zero
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:09 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I don't know about the rest of you guys and gals but im really stoked for Monster Hunter Very Happy I loved playing Phantasy Star online for the Dreamcast and as far as i can tell this game will have many aspects of Phantasy Star in it. I got my order Reserved and will be getting it this Weds night Fall Equinox. I really hope people can't hack this game like they did Phantasy Star and just screw with people. Does anyone have anything to say about this game good or bad i just want to know what others are thinking about it.
Zero
Posted:
Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:07 pm
quote : #2
yes i would like to give this game i shot also. i do believe this game will be cop op like champions of norrath with no online fees.. We ll have to see how this turns out.

in case you are wondering this game was switched from dial up to broadband only.
Posted:
Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:18 pm
quote : #3
this game is looking mighty sweet, but at 49.99 its a little pricey. ill consider it after the first price drop.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:07 am
quote : #4
i agree with mastercheif ill do the same with this as i did with champions of norrath.... pick it up for 20 or around there. when si the release for this game.
Posted:
Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:18 am
quote : #5
i think its tomarrow....

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=281014

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:33 pm
quote : #6
if it is the 21st of Sept. i would be considering buying this if i wasnt already gettin Star Wars Battlefront and the Star Wars Dvds
Posted:
Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:50 pm
quote : #7
yea im picking up Battlefront instead. Just post how Moster Hunter is if anyone tries it out, cause it looks interesting.

*High Score on SWBF* 89 Kills -12 Deaths -19 Captures
Total Time Played: 6 hours and 48 minutes
Total Games: 67
Kills: 722
Deaths: 150
Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:44 pm
quote : #8
Spidhopddy what time will you be gettign battlefront.. maybe we can get an game going tomarow...ill be home with the game around lunch time...around 12 eastern.
Posted:
Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:02 pm
quote : #9
I will be getting it as soon as i can on Wensday and will be sure to tell you all what i think of the game i really have high expectations for this one. Im going to be playing with a good friend so i guess that will make the game seem sweeter then it might actually be. I won't get it tell late on Wed because i have a stupid physics lab that take for ever. Oh yeah i also live on the West Coast of the US so it will be a while before i finish playing and come up with an opnion. You guys were mentioning "battle Front" i never heard of that game whats the deal with it? I guess it must be some type of First person shooter probably ww2 era but let me know if it's good please
Zero

Posted Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:04 am:

Dear Mir Wan,
It says you are currently playing Sonic Adventure for Dreamcast. Are you playing the first one or the second one. I only have the First one and i really love it but i haven't gotten a whole lot of good vibes from friends in regards to the second one. Do you have any opinions about it. Im a big dreamcast junkie and really i wouldn't be too opposed to adding that game to my collection but if it really sucks then i will save the money.
Zero
Posted:
Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:51 am
quote : #10
i have both but i cant get the second one to read on my dc... but i have played it before and think its really good.. its a must for your dc collection. it may be hard to find around your stores but internet is probaly your best bet. There is two different story modes.. good and evil... then online activity and downloadable content are still up i believe. I think the second one is btter than the first one.

Posted Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:15 am:

did anyone get this today .. if so tell me how it is.
Posted:
Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:07 pm
quote : #11
Monster hunter is pretty darn good. I guess it's about what i would expect. It's a whole lot more fun if you play online and if you do i recomend that you have a keybaord because there is a lot of communication that needs to take place. Graphically. Im not sure what to say I personally like them and my friend who i play with likes them as well but one of my roomates and one of my friends roomates doesn't like them much at all. I really can't see what the problem is with them but hey i don't want to speak for everyone when i say that they are good. Playcontrole takes some getting used to but oh well it's not terrible it just takes some practice. You attack with the Right stick so it's kinda different. Load times are really good i feel esspeially after playing resident evil my god i can't understand why that game takes so long to load a stupid screen with a few lockers in it. Well thats about it im actually going to go back and play some more. If you have any questions about the game i guess respond and i will try to answer them if your on the fence about buying this game .
Zero Mr. Green
Posted:
Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:12 pm
quote : #12
Type: NTSC-U/C
I have a question about this game. Is it like PSO, where Sega (in this case it would be Capcom) releases new missions/quests online every so often (that are only available online), or is it more like Champions of Norrath, where the online/multiplayer aspect is exactly the same as the single player mode? Also, does playing online offer anything that can't be obtained offline?
Posted:
Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:21 pm
quote : #13
As you know monster hunter has a single and online aspect and you can take your single player character online with all the equipment and money ect that you had in the single player mode. I have played and Loved Phantasy star online for Dreamcast and i know what you mean by the quests being updated. The thing about Monster Hunter is, that all you do is Quests. You can't just go run around in the Outside world with out takeing a quest. There is no Level boss or anything like that. So im not sure if Capcom is going to make new quests. There seems to be a whole lot. Everytime you go and talk to the person to get a quest there are new options. New in the sence that they rotate around i have seen duplicates. But there is a whole bunch. I really like this game the more i play it. Im not the most hardcore gamer anymore due to school and a Girlfriend and other things but i have logged in 10 hours in the last few days so for me thats a whole lot of time so i guess that means i really like the game. Mr. Green
Zero
P.S. my suggestion is this if you are to get this game make sure you have a friend to play with you and mabey 2 because the missions can be pretty hard single player. Also try to get a keyboard because the communication is really important and can be pretty complicated. My character name is Halcyon so if you ever get the game and want to see how im doing look for me. There is a friend list
Posted:
Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:06 pm
quote : #14
how many peeps average online with moster hunter?

*High Score on SWBF* 89 Kills -12 Deaths -19 Captures
Total Time Played: 6 hours and 48 minutes
Total Games: 67
Kills: 722
Deaths: 150
zero
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:46 pm
quote : #15
I only have played at night Pacific standard time. Well there is a whole lot of menus you have to go through in order to play with people The first is Brave world or something eles that i can't remember world. (i always play brave because it's the first of the 2 choices and im a lazy man Very Happy ) Once you make that selection there are 3 other things to chose from (or at least in Brave world there are i can't say for certian how the other world operates) Ok so the 3 choics are Red Green Or Blue. Red is the first one up and it has had about 250 people on it everytime i have played then there is about 40 to 90 people in green and i have never seen any one it blue. So there is a fare amount of people for sure you will always be able to play and find people to play with.
Zero