Page Location: Home > Archive (General) > Topic
Player Zero
rank 2
Posted:
Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:06 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Although anyone who owns these games probably knows already that the Sega 2K series' game servers are down (this would include NFL 2K3, NBA 2K3, and NCAA Basketball 2K3 - which have been replaced by the ESPN VideoGames franchise). However, I have found confirmation of the fact that the servers are down. If you go to:

http://www.sega.com/support/support.php?item=support_games

and click on the "Sports Games" link, you will find the following:

"Effective September 2, 2003 www.espnvideogames.com replaced SegaSports.com. The crew at ESPN Video Games invites you to play our new sports titles online with your PS2 or XBox. Note for PS2 customers, in order to provide complete support of the new game services, we will no longer provide online services for the 2K3 titles. Be sure to check out www.espnvideogames.com for all the latest news and info for this year's line-up of sports titles from the makers of the "2K" series."

However, I have found that the roster updates for the 2K3 titles still work, although this was a while ago (back in June or July of 2004). Basically, this post is for Lord Nikon to use to update the online game list.
Posted:
Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:24 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Thanx a ton for the update Player Zero. helps keep the list current with valid information. I had heard a lot of rumours about this but I could never find the critical proof. Much appreciated.
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:08 pm
quote : #3
Thanks for the great info. I wish I would have read this post prior to Friday, because I spent a couple of hours trying to create a Sega sports username to login with. New players should take notice that you can still connect to the server, but the buck stops there.

I finally picked up a PS2 Network Adapter for $29 on Friday, and I was totally stoked to use it. In my game library so far, the only titles that are online compatible are NFL 2K3, NBA 2K3, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater. Since it is that time of year, and because it's an awesome game, I popped in NFL 2K3 for a little online action. The game connected to the game server, and it prompted players to either login or create a new player account.

I tried to create a new player account, and the message I received was, "The username you selected is currently used by someone else. Please select a new user ID to proceed." This repeated itself with every name combination I could think of. Ditto for NBA 2K3.

Not once did the server notify me that online games are no longer being supported. That is totally and completely lame. They should at least post a notice of sorts.

Lame.

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:44 pm
quote : #4
Yea, stuff like that sucks. The operators of the servers need to be more informative about these situations so us gamers can communicate better rather than giving us the shaft. Sad