Page Location: Home > Archive (News) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:47 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C

Well it seems on September 17th capcom performed a widescale maintenance session on Monster Hunter. This was a system wide change which also affected Auto Modellista. Why a press release wasn't made is beyond my understanding. I had to actually go to capcoms website, click to the US site, then click on 'community' which took me to their forums. Here is how far I had to dig to get the message: "Capcom BBS > Capcom Games > Playstation 2 > Auto Modellista > All online players must re-register"

The message goes as follows:
---
Due to an upgrade of our login system, your current Login Name will not work as of Sept 17 2004. During this upgrade, all PS2 online games will be unavailable on Sept 17th from 7AM to 3PM PDT.

After the upgrade, you will need to re-register your Login Name in order to play.

Subsequent daily server maintenance will occur between 7AM and 8AM PDT.

This upgrade should make online play more enjoyable for our existing games while implementing new features which are required for our upcoming game, Monster Hunter. We hope you like the changes and also try out Monster Hunter, which has become a personal favorite in our office.

Thanks for cooperation and understanding!

---
So your going to have to go to network mode, then edit account, which will take you to the capcom automodellista website. Here you can create a new account. I just did it right now and I am back in the Auto Modellista lobby. So now we can all start playing Auto Modellista again. Thing is, to all the people who already have accounts out there...like random players who don't visit here....probobly won't get this message. And will think that AM is just...no longer online. This is vital information that should be posted around the net so people know.

Well atleast we can schedule games again Razz

rank 39
Posted:
Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:00 am
quote : #2
ahh that explains alot why we couldnt play before
Posted:
Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:08 am
quote : #3
Just wondering, did the Auto Modellista in-game website change appearance, by any chance? Since it's a new login system, I'd think they'd touch up the page a little bit. I'm gonna go re-register in a while anyway, but I'm just curious. Smile

Posted Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:38 pm:

Okay, I'm re-registered and ready to go with the same username. I noticed this conflict, though, in the "Information" message of the server maintenance announcement:

Daily server maintenance on Sept 17th 2004 will start from 7am and extended until 3pm of the same day. During the maintenance, you will not be able to login and play the game online.

Then, in the "Info2" message (hit L1/R1 to scroll to it):

Daily server maintenance: Between 7AM and 8AM PDT.

It looks like Auto Modellista might be offline for a big chunk of every day if the former was correct. Sad But, that just means all our scheduled games have to be in evenings, like they've always been. Razz EDIT: Nevermind, the former announcement of the maintenance extending to 3pm was for Sept. 14th ONLY. It's still 7AM to 8AM after that (meaning now).

Posted Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:39 pm:

Hmm, I wonder if Resident Evil: Outbreak was also affected by this system-wide change? Question
Posted:
Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:45 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Thanks for the info LordNikon!!
I wonder if the reregistered users still be able to use their old buddy lists?

I guess we'll find out .

Changed my nick too to Just DaMan 'stead of DaMan_OC_ (someone else with the name "DaMan" is gonna be mad Laughing )

Hey just got online and they wiped the ranking lists , so do you guys know what that means ?
do ya ? do ya ?
Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:18 pm
quote : #5
im going to have to reactivate my account soon
Posted:
Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:38 pm
quote : #6
DaMan wrote:
Hey just got online and they wiped the ranking lists , so do you guys know what that means ?
do ya ? do ya ?

Mr. Green Oh, yes. Time for the OC members to take over! Very Happy