Page Location: Home > Support > Getting Online > Topic
MICHAE2414
rank 24
Posted:
Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:43 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I thought I'd post up a list of broadband-only games that I think would work best for those dial-up people that ICS, like I do now. This kind of branches out from mir_wan's ICS and the games, for ppl who want to use. topic from a while back, in a sense. This list is composed of broadband-only games that I own, not bb-and-dial-up compatible online games (unless limits were imposed for those on dial-up).

Best-Running ICS games (IMO)
1. Auto Modellista
2. Twisted Metal:Black ONLINE
3. XIII
4. Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior
5. Rainbow Six 3

All of the above run great over ICS, but Auto Modellista, in my opinion, is the best one out of the bunch. Races go perfectly no matter how many players are in the game, and no lag is apparent (like if cars suddenly reappear ahead of you or something). Auto Modellista must have been optimized really well to work this well for dial-up, despite it being a broadband-only game.

Twisted Metal:Black ONLINE is my second choice, since full 8-player games with no lag are possible. Goodbye, 2-player dial-up limit! XIII, Fire Warrior and Rainbow Six 3 all work great as well, but there is a very minor amount of lag in each that doesn't jepordize the gameplay or anything. No big deal, and voice chat doesn't even have too many hitches in Rainbow Six 3.
Posted:
Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:49 pm
quote : #2
good to see that you are helping these people out.
Posted:
Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:54 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
michae u think james bond or nba ballers would work well over ics or really any other 2plyr bb-only game?
Posted:
Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:11 am
quote : #4
I haven't tried NBA Ballers, but James Bond 007: EoN did not work so well over ICS. I couldn't connect to a peer, who had a headset enabled (mine wasn't). I still have to test it some more, but I think that if both sides had no mic plugged in, then it would connect just fine (no dealing with VoIP bandwidth).
Posted:
Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:24 pm
quote : #5
Atv offroad 2 works well with 3plyrs on dialup but ppl start hoppin on 4 and serious sams just crap over ics since chars are so hard to see and stuff
Posted:
Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:04 pm
quote : #6
Hmm, I've had trouble with ATV Offroad Fury 2 with just one other player...lots of hoppin' and skippin' along the terrain at times. Then again, that was when I went online with it a long time ago, so who knows how it is now.

Anyway, here's a slightly updated top "5" list, now including my recent successful Medal of Honor: Rising Sun OC game. Wink

Best-Running ICS games (IMO)
1. Auto Modellista
2. Twisted Metal:Black ONLINE
3. Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (no voice chat recommended w/ 3+ players)
3. XIII
4. Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior
5. Rainbow Six 3
Posted:
Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:28 pm
quote : #7
MICHAE2414 wrote:
Auto Modellista must have been optimized really well to work this well for dial-up, despite it being a broadband-only game.

Remember when everyone was in shock when Auto Modelista went down earlier this year and it turned out to be the Japanese version? This version of AM was dial-up compatiable.

-Mytho
Posted:
Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:32 pm
quote : #8
auto mod was played to be dail up in the US too but at last minute switched to bb only.
Posted:
Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:41 pm
quote : #9
somone should try SOCOM 2 through ICS.

no? ok Embarassed
rank 39
Posted:
Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:50 pm
quote : #10
back in the day when i had dail up i tried socom 2 with ics and it worked great sometimes and was shitty the other times... i guess it just matters how the servers are when you are playing.