Topic: Questions about the HDD

Page 2 of 2
MICHAE2414
rank 24
Posted:
Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:00 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
I think with the infrastructure of SOCOM II's HDD and online support, the maps were never meant to be downloadable through the actual game; I think I've mentioned this once before. There probably should have been some sort of "downloadable content" section in the SOCOM II online menu if it were to be directly downloaded through the game. It had to be present on the HDD through some other medium, them being OPM discs in this case, and the game would recognize it that way. This is especially true since SOCOM II checks for anything new in the HDD and appropriately includes it in, but nothing else (it's not involved in going online for new HDD stuff or anything). If you think about it, the HDD support is pretty limited.

If SCEA promised "downloadable content" for SOCOM II, such a feature should have been implemented within the game. Since you can't really download any maps from within the game, the term "downloadable" is just a play on words. Neutral
Posted:
Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:54 pm
quote : #17
i heard socom 2 had a whole different universe from normal users and users with the hdd.. is that true?
Posted:
Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:58 pm
quote : #18
Type: NTSC-U/C
MICHAE2414 wrote:
If SCEA promised "downloadable content" for SOCOM II, such a feature should have been implemented within the game. Since you can't really download any maps from within the game, the term "downloadable" is just a play on words. Neutral

They did promise "downloadable maps," they touted that term everywhere... Oh well... I'm guess I'm just mad that I spent $100 bucks on a game I didn't play too much and a gigantic memory card.