Page Location: Home > Archive (News) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:00 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C

LOS ANGELES, Calif. – Spring 2005 – Electronic Arts (Nasdaq: ERTS) is proud to announce Medal of Honor: Dogs of War. Slated for release in the Spring of 2005, Dogs of War is the latest game from EA’s acclaimed Medal of Honor franchise which has been credited with pioneering the First Person Shooter WWII genre when it debuted in 1999. Building on the hallmarks of the franchise, Dogs of War, advances on the series by introducing players to a new way of playing, while still delivering an unflinching picture of warfare and its gut-wrenching brutality. Developed by EA Los Angeles (EALA), the new title will be released under the EA GAMES™ brand for the Sony PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, the Nintendo GameCube™ and the Xbox™ video game system from Microsoft.

Europe 1942. These are desperate hours for the Allied forces as the Nazi war machine rages across a devastated European landscape. With the British on the brink, Lt. William Holt of the OSS is sent on a secret mission by order of the President of the United States. On his own, or with his squad, Holt is pivotal in helping to turn the tide in four of the most crucial battles leading to victory in Europe.

As with the original Medal of Honor™, producers sought counsel from numerous expert sources to make certain the game is historically accurate and as realistic as possible. The EALA development team continues to work closely with the Congressional Medal of Honor Society to ensure that Medal of Honor: Dogs of War reflects the ideals and integrity of the prestigious Medal of Honor. In addition, Capt. Dale Dye, who served as Military Technical Advisor on the previous titles in the Medal of Honor franchise, continues his efforts with the Medal of Honor: Dogs of War team to ensure the authenticity of the experience.

(Please note this is a press release. Meaning it could very well be chocked with propoganda and has not been edited by me, the author, so please take that into account. I just decided to post the press release to save time.)

Last edited by lordnikon on Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
rank 39
Posted:
Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:21 pm
quote : #2
thats cool that there is a new medal of honor game. Lots of WW2 games coming out. but i would have to say call of duty has impressed me the most.. but i still cant wait to see how this new moh turns out
Posted:
Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:52 am
quote : #3
Yeah, I've heard about this new MOH for a while now, but not anything past "a new MOH game in 2005." Hopefully, this turns out to be a great Medal of Honor game to the level of Frontline and spewing with online options. Very Happy

I wonder what happened to that proposed Rising Sun sequel, though...it was confirmed at the original Rising Sun's release, but no word since.
Posted:
Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:09 am
quote : #4
single player wise i liked frontline better than raising son.. The d day level was alot of fun...
Posted:
Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:14 pm
quote : #5
yea Rising Sun's single player seemed old a jagged compared to a wave of new titles and while being compared to Frontline.

*High Score on SWBF* 89 Kills -12 Deaths -19 Captures
Total Time Played: 6 hours and 48 minutes
Total Games: 67
Kills: 722
Deaths: 150
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:04 pm
quote : #6
Yea rising sun's single player is a bit lack luster. But I really like rising sun's online gameplay.
rank 39
Posted:
Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:51 pm
quote : #7
yeah the mp was an improvement because frontline had none lol...
Posted:
Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:34 pm
quote : #8
I really don't know why Frontline was considered better than Rising Sun. They're both at same level in my eyes.

-Mytho
Posted:
Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:19 am
quote : #9
TheMytho wrote:
I really don't know why Frontline was considered better than Rising Sun. They're both at same level in my eyes.

-Mytho

I looked at the screenshots for Frontline and Rising Sun and I was like "wow they look so similar". People always talk so highly of frontline. So I thought there was some drastic differences. But overall looked the same to me. But I'm sure MOH Frontline's single player is prolly funner than Rising Sun's.

I still really like Rising Sun online though hehe. Calumpet map + Rifles = ownage
rank 38
Posted:
Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:28 am
quote : #10
I don't understand why people think so highly of Frontline. They're both run-of-the-mill shooters. Just replace Nazis with Japanese, some jungle settings, and viola! You've got yourself Rising Sun.

The online mode in Rising Sun does rock though.

-Mytho
Posted:
Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:15 pm
quote : #11
I'll be honest with my opinion here: Out of what I played from the single-player of MOH: Rising Sun and the DEMO of MOH: Frontline, Frontline stands out. It all seems polished better and there's more action going on around you, not to mention the crisper graphics (IMO). Rising Sun is a bit lacking in the gameplay (it just feels so stripped and chopped-down somehow) compared to Frontline, in that sense. I recall some reviews mentioning it as "more of the same," also, so I guess you could say that they're both at the same level.

True, the online play is pretty tight. It was part of my deciding factor to pick Rising Sun over Frontline (although if Frontline had online play for the same price, I would've chosen that instead, no question).
Posted:
Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:06 pm
quote : #12
yeah the online play gives the edge of rasing son over frontline. but for some reason i liked frontline better single player wise.. maybe becasue it was before online play was big and i got it for the offline wise..and i got rasing son for the MP online