Topic: Ghost in the Shell

Page 1 of 1
Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:09 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Ive played the demo of Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex on the jampack and thought it was really fun. I think im am going to pick it up..i also remember playing a os1 demo of a ghost in the shell back in 1997. I was never really a fan of it until now... I was at my gamestop and picked up the Stand Alone COmplex dvd volume 1 for 9.99 and its cool too.

A have a few questions about ghost in the shell. There was a new movie in theaters a bit ago.. was there and other movies earlier? And also are there any other episode series other than Stand Alone Complex? And does anyone have a link where i can look and maybe purchase all of the Ghost in the Shell dvds?
Posted:
Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:44 pm
quote : #2
i felt the game screamed average. i hear the series is dope, but id leave the game alone.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
DaMan
rank 19
Posted:
Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:52 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Mir_wan wrote:
Ive played the demo of Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex on the jampack and thought it was really fun. I think im am going to pick it up..i also remember playing a os1 demo of a ghost in the shell back in 1997. I was never really a fan of it until now... I was at my gamestop and picked up the Stand Alone COmplex dvd volume 1 for 9.99 and its cool too.

A have a few questions about ghost in the shell. There was a new movie in theaters a bit ago.. was there and other movies earlier? And also are there any other episode series other than Stand Alone Complex? And does anyone have a link where i can look and maybe purchase all of the Ghost in the Shell dvds?

The Ghost in the Shell has A total of 2 movies the First was simply titled "Ghost in the Shell" which is now on dvd

2nd movie which saw limited release ( it came to my area about 3 weeks after the release date Evil or Very Mad )
this one is titled "Ghost in the Shell : Innocence."

It should be noted that the GitS universe started as a manga of which there are 2 volumes of by
Masamune Shirow.

Stand Alone Complex is the only series I know about
it comes on Cartoon Networks Adult Swims saturday (its really sunday morning) night block at 12:30 am

in my area this store www.animenation.com ,and suncoast video usually has them www.suncoast.com should be of some help checking the sites myself I suggest suncoast animenation has quite a bit of stuff .
Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:13 am
quote : #4
thanks alot DaMan i didnt know it was on tv.. i will have to watch it...
Posted:
Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:25 am
quote : #5
Both of the movies were pretty cool, too. I especially enjoyed the first one. The second one got a bit "crazier" with the surreal sequences, but it was still a good show. It was definitely more worth watching than a lot of the "movies" that I've paid $11 to watch recently.
TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:52 am
quote : #6
I have a question about the first GITS movie. On the back of the case, it said the movie contained nudity. This didn't sit too well with my parents. Is it anything really objectionable?

-Mytho
Posted:
Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:54 pm
quote : #7
Yeah, there is some nudity in both movies. If I remember correctly, it was almost exclusively "robotic" nudity. That is, the shots with nudity involve robots that are shaped like female humans (or heavily modified human cyborgs to the point of being almost fully robotic).

Frankly, I think it's awesome that your parents are paying attention to what you want to watch. If more parents acted that way (and could understand the amazing idea that some cartoons and some video games are not for kids), we wouldn't have to deal with all of this hype about how "evil" Grand Theft Auto and DOA: Xtreme Beach Volleyball are, because kids who shouldn't be playing those games wouldn't be playing those games.

That said, I think the sexual themes in the first Ghost in the Shell movie are mild enough and reasonable enough that most well-adjusted high-school (and some middle-school) kids should be able to handle it. Sit your parents down, explain that you think you can handle it and that you'll keep a critical eye on the content, and hopefully they'll be cool with it. These movies are about the nature of existence, the morality of things we do, etc. They're not about sex. I have a feeling that you personally will be fine with it (you'd be far worse off watching late-night movies on the USA channel, or for that matter, watching MTV at just about any hour).

The second movie has stronger sexual themes, I think, along with some pretty gruesome violence. It's still good though, and I wouldn't call it "worthless" sexual content or violence. I'd just want to be a little more cautious about younger folks watching it.
TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:22 pm
quote : #8
As long as it isn't robotic sex or anything, I'm sure they'd be fine with it. Heck, they allow me to play Mature rated games, so I don't see why not.

-Mytho
Posted:
Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:05 pm
quote : #9
Mir_wan wrote:

Unfortunatly I will no longer be purchasing the US version of this game. Bandai re-did the entire game with english voice overs. I have been watching all of Ghost in the Shell : Stand Alone Complex in japanese with english subtitles. Hence, having entirely new voice talent for all the characters is bizzaro world on crack.

I'll have to import the JP version, and miss out on the entire storyline. Maybe find a translated guide of the game, read through it, then play through the game.

I'm really annoyed, since the developers keep saying. "This game has something for all ghost in the shell fans". Not all of them you dolts.
rank 39
Posted:
Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:12 pm
quote : #10
did they just dub it in english or did they chaneg it all around completely......
Posted:
Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:29 pm
quote : #11
Mir_wan wrote:
did they just dub it in english or did they chaneg it all around completely......

The US release has English Voices and English Subtitles. (which makes 0 sense AT ALL)

You can't turn down the voices in the game either.

Since I have been watching the entire series in japanese. I am shit outta luck, and can't get the US release.
rank 39
Posted:
Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:31 pm
quote : #12
i picked up this game today......i didnt get to play it yet...

nikon why cant you get the us releases of the dvds
Posted:
Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:13 am
quote : #13
Mir_wan wrote:
i picked up this game today......i didnt get to play it yet...

nikon why cant you get the us releases of the dvds

lordnikon wrote:
Unfortunatly I will no longer be purchasing the US version of this game. Bandai re-did the entire game with english voice overs. I have been watching all of Ghost in the Shell : Stand Alone Complex in japanese with english subtitles. Hence, having entirely new voice talent for all the characters is bizzaro world on crack.
rank 39
Posted:
Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:32 pm
quote : #14
o i though nikon you said you couldnbt get the us dvds but u meant u cant get the game due to your japan dvds.. srry bout that.. i c now