Topic: I FINALLY got Frequency

Page 2 of 2
MICHAE2414
rank 24
Posted:
Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:53 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
More specifically, you need the first version of the Network Adaptor Start-Up Disc, which includes the working online demo of Frequency and the non-working online demo of Madden NFL 2003, as well as some vids and the ISP setup tool.

Once you do get the disc, what you would do is head online with the demo, and then use the "Swap Disc" option in the lobby to switch to the full Frequency game you already have. That way, you can play all the songs online.

As Mytho said, though, most have indeed moved on to Amplitude and it's not really worth it unless games are scheduled. I was just on FreQNet last night, in fact, and the 11 people there were either idle, playing the one or two games up, or chatting about stuff in Spanish. Shocked
Posted:
Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:36 pm
quote : #17
But how do I do the "trick" to turn the full offline Frequency into the online version? I do have both discs (demo in network disk and full disk version).

Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:52 pm
quote : #18
You have to go online with the demo disk and go to swap disc or something.

MICHAE2414
rank 24
Posted:
Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:50 pm
quote : #19
chokito wrote:
But how do I do the "trick" to turn the full offline Frequency into the online version? I do have both discs (demo in network disk and full disk version).

Right, as I explained above for prophet138:

MICHAE2414 wrote:
Once you do get the disc, what you would do is head online with the demo, and then use the "Swap Disc" option in the lobby to switch to the full Frequency game you already have. That way, you can play all the songs online.

That's what you're referring to as the "trick," chokito, since you're swapping discs and putting the full offline version into the online interface. I hope this answered your question.
Posted:
Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:04 am
quote : #20
u know, i never got into amplitude. but the crazy thing is i am in mad love with freqensy.e (SP) i didn't think that many ppl still played this game... so if any1 would like to play give me a holler.
DS-Kingdom Hearts, Advanced Wars 2, Feel The Magic
eMac- World of Warcraft
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:51 am
quote : #21
Type: NTSC-U/C
MICHAE2414 wrote:
chokito wrote:

Right, as I explained above for prophet138:

MICHAE2414 wrote:

That's what you're referring to as the "trick," chokito, since you're swapping discs and putting the full offline version into the online interface. I hope this answered your question.

Ok wait. The full Frequency game isn't online right out of the box? So you need to demo in order to take the game online? Clarrify for me please because I totally have to append the online game list if this is true.
rank 5
Posted:
Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:59 am
quote : #22
lordnikon wrote:
Ok wait. The full Frequency game isn't online right out of the box? So you need to demo in order to take the game online? Clarrify for me please because I totally have to append the online game list if this is true.

ya, the only online version of frequency is the demo. but then you pop in the full version and then you can play the entire version online.

if your going to amend the online list... plz keep frequency there to urge ppl to play online Rolling Eyes
DS-Kingdom Hearts, Advanced Wars 2, Feel The Magic
eMac- World of Warcraft
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:04 pm
quote : #23
Type: NTSC-U/C
elf2600 wrote:
lordnikon wrote:

ya, the only online version of frequency is the demo. but then you pop in the full version and then you can play the entire version online.

if your going to amend the online list... plz keep frequency there to urge ppl to play online Rolling Eyes

It will be there in the list I just have to append it so people know the DEMO is required to play that data online. I don't want people just running out and buying the full game thinking they can take it online, and then to be pissed when they game isn't online at all and they would have to hunt down the network adaptor startup disc, which they wouldn't own unless they had purchased network adaptors at a specific timeframe.
rank 24
Posted:
Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:29 pm
quote : #24
You're both right on the money there, and I'm sorry I didn't make it explicitly clear. Yes, the online demo is REQUIRED to play the full version of Frequency online. Why, you may ask? (Get ready for a little history lesson...)

Back when the game was being developed, online play was touted as a main feature. However, the full version of Frequency came out long before the network adaptor was actually released (this was back during the November 2001 delay of the NA), so network play was never included in the game.

When the NA eventually came out in August 2002, Sony/Harmonix still saw it fit to bring Frequency online as originally promised (props to them). So, an online demo version was included in the v.1 Network Adaptor Start-Up Disc. The full game would then be swapped (as explained above), and then all the songs would be available online. As you can tell, this demo is the ONLY way to get the game online.