Page Location: Home > Archive (News) > Topic
Previous  1, 2, 3
elf2600
rank 5
Posted:
Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:15 pm
quote : #31
profile : pm
i just got one today... and let me tell you, its bad. i love this thing... put it in my back pocket and then go out. yall should get over the lack of HDD space, cuz FF XI is going to be the only game 4 it. in my oppinion, its worth every penny... espically cuz you get the ISP start up disk v.3 and they stoped making the adaptors (or so im told).
DS-Kingdom Hearts, Advanced Wars 2, Feel The Magic
eMac- World of Warcraft
satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:10 pm
quote : #32
Type: NTSC-U/C
elf2600 wrote:
i just got one today... and let me tell you, its bad. i love this thing... put it in my back pocket and then go out. yall should get over the lack of HDD space, cuz FF XI is going to be the only game 4 it. in my oppinion, its worth every penny... espically cuz you get the ISP start up disk v.3 and they stoped making the adaptors (or so im told).

Get over the lack of HDD space? No, sorry, I will not. The HDD is an important, yet VERY unsupported peripheral (here in the US anyway, they atleast released the BBNav software in Japan...)... You know that glitch in the VJ2 demo that erased memory cards? I wouldn't be here talking to you about this because I'd have thrown my PS2 out the window and therefore be grounded if it weren't for the HDD. Why? I had all but one save on the HDD. It's worth it, whether you really play FFXI or not, having one memory card and a large HDD that you'll never fill with saves is really nice.

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:52 pm
quote : #33
And that right there is the only thing the HDD is useful for: Backing up game saves.

-Mytho
Posted:
Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:54 am
quote : #34
TheMytho wrote:
And that right there is the only thing the HDD is useful for: Backing up game saves.

-Mytho

If that's all it's good for, I'm glad I have it.

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 15
Posted:
Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:49 am
quote : #35
Me too. It's just sad that such a device as the HDD is so undersupported, it had so much potentional but was forsaken at the hands of Sony. Mad

maciver
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:34 am
quote : #36
I have a pen drive made by codebreaker that lets me store saves on my pc... and it was a hellova lot cheaper than a hd 4 ps2...
Posted:
Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:39 pm
quote : #37
maciver wrote:
I have a pen drive made by codebreaker that lets me store saves on my pc... and it was a hellova lot cheaper than a hd 4 ps2...

Do you need special software to use it? That's pretty nifty and all, but I highly doubt it's plug and play...

elf2600
rank 5
Posted:
Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:22 pm
quote : #38
satoshi wrote:
Get over the lack of HDD space? No, sorry, I will not. The HDD is an important, yet VERY unsupported peripheral (here in the US anyway, they atleast released the BBNav software in Japan...)... You know that glitch in the VJ2 demo that erased memory cards? I wouldn't be here talking to you about this because I'd have thrown my PS2 out the window and therefore be grounded if it weren't for the HDD. Why? I had all but one save on the HDD. It's worth it, whether you really play FFXI or not, having one memory card and a large HDD that you'll never fill with saves is really nice.

the only thing is, i don't have 90 bucks to shell out for a HDD that has a game that i don't want. so to me, its nothing big. and like maciver said: "a pen drive made by codebreaker lets me stor saves on a pc". that to me, its a lot cheaper and realistic.

and let me clarify, im not saying this is a desision for everyone (buying a PStwo that is)... but it was for me. and i just wanted to put out there that i thought it was great system and i aplowed sony for srinkraping the PS2. the fact that it has all the stuff u need to go online, even the start-up disk V.3 and lack of HDD (cuz it just wasn't that big here, in my opinion) drew me to the system. but the major factor that drew me to the PStwo was the top loading part. NO MORE BROKEN MOTORS OR TIME DELAYS!

so for me it was a great buy... just good luck finding one Very Happy
eMac- World of Warcraft
satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:28 pm
quote : #39
You have to admit though, a top loading system kinda defeats the purpose of being so slim Rolling Eyes Though I guess Sony didn't want gamers yelling at them for making more shoddy products.

elf2600
rank 5
Posted:
Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:30 pm
quote : #40
well i have a gamecube... so the top loading system seems natral to me. and on top of that, i don't like the system when its vertical. i feel that is going to fall and break ( even the orignal PS2 ). *(im very clumbsy)*
eMac- World of Warcraft
Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:42 pm
quote : #41
If sony gave us some stuff like maps and such to put on the hdd it would of been great and put the ps2 up a step higher....Im glad i got a hdd becasue i liked playing ff11 for a small bit of time...The back up saves is also nice and the espn titles which i have 2 and soon 3 of them save directly to your hdd.