Topic: PS2vsPStwo

Page 1 of 1
hell-online
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:31 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
does anyone know if the PStwo has the disk read error problem like the PS2, cause i havent heard anything bout it so.....i guess thats good. All i have heard is that this one over heats, and that you cant use some PS2 hardware with it either, but i just want a PS2 for the following

play frequency, amplitude, gundam vs zeon DX, and dragon warrior(if it comes out in US) and more if i find more

satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:37 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
hell-online wrote:
does anyone know if the PStwo has the disk read error problem like the PS2, cause i havent heard anything bout it so.....i guess thats good. All i have heard is that this one over heats, and that you cant use some PS2 hardware with it either, but i just want a PS2 for the following

play frequency, amplitude, gundam vs zeon DX, and dragon warrior(if it comes out in US) and more if i find more

Someone correct me, but are the DREs a result of the tray loading mechanism? If that's the case, there should be little to no DREs on the PStwo (they can still happen, I've had one or two occure on my GC).

DietGarfield
rank 11
Posted:
Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:57 pm
quote : #3
i dont know about DREs, but i know there is a list of games that wont work.

i played with it once, and it worked fine, and it is REALLY small.

oh, and you cant use the HDD with it either.
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:14 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
A list of games that don't work?? Shocked What's up with that??

DietGarfield
rank 11
Posted:
Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:22 pm
quote : #5
urm... i cant find a link or anything, but im pretty sure not all games work with it.

ill keep looking.
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:35 pm
quote : #6
well i dont really care about extra hardware for my ps2, just the games i listed before....do they all work? I NEED FREQUENCY & AMPLITUDE!!

MICHAE2414
rank 24
Posted:
Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:37 pm
quote : #7
Glad to hear you aptly play two of my favorite games, Frequency and Amplitude. Very Happy We gotta hit it up online sometime, see how good each of us are. Mr. Green Anyway, yeah, they both work just fine on the PStwo as far as I know. There shouldn't be any problems with either game. If there were issues, then I will NEVER own a PStwo. (That's how much these games mean to me. lol)

Asto the "list of games that don't work," it's ALMOST the same list as the one that was released back when the PS2 was released in 2000 - specific PSone games like Mortal Kombat Trilogy and some other games I don't recall off-hand. The only difference between the PStwo's list and the original list in 2000? Final Fantasy XI, for obvious reasons, is most likely on there. There's no place for the internal Hard Disc Drive, so FFXI can't work.
Posted:
Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:53 pm
quote : #8
well thats good, but i still have that deep fear of the DRE, cause of the last 3 PS2's i owned, they all died with that same problem. Crying or Very sad so much money wasted....anyway, ive been really researching the pstwo and ive heard nothing about DRE's, but i still have that fear....

MICHAE2414
rank 24
Posted:
Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:11 pm
quote : #9
As far as I know, the PStwo SHOULDN'T have DRE problems, simply because it is top-loading. No more dealing with the opening disc tray vertically or horizontally and having it do anything with your disc or laser. Even if it does have DREs, they'd be infintely easier to fix since you have direct access to the laser and drive.
Posted:
Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:07 pm
quote : #10
hopefully its cut down on DREs
Posted:
Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:27 am
quote : #11
hell-online wrote:
well i dont really care about extra hardware for my ps2, just the games i listed before....do they all work? I NEED FREQUENCY & AMPLITUDE!!

both these games work withe the PStwo... i know cuz i have both games and the new system

Posted Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:31 am:

Mir_wan wrote:
hopefully its cut down on DREs

i know im not a very credited source, but in my opinion/experience the DRE problem is gone. i have a library of over 50 games (psx, psone, and pstwo) and every single one without flaw. so if the lack of HDD doesn't bother you, then this could be your final PStwo.

but don't take my word, cuz this is my first PS system ever Sad.
DS-Kingdom Hearts, Advanced Wars 2, Feel The Magic
eMac- World of Warcraft
BlingShyne2
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:11 pm
quote : #12
I wouldn't trust the fact that just because it is top loading that it won't have DREs.

I remember flip-flopping my regular playstation about 300 different ways to get it to work, if anything, I'd think that top loading might make it worse.

I'm sticking with my current PS2 and saving for a PSP and a PS3.
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
I <3 Lord Nikon! Smile