Topic: It should never happen

Page 1 of 1
grubensau
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:59 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Well I own a PS2 now, that should never happen hehehhehe. Its one of these automodelista versions (metallic blue Razz). So any ideas for a PS2 only FPS or a real killergame for that system? Are there any probs for a german dude 2 hit the PS2 online game community?

kingofgrills
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:01 pm
quote : #2
grubensau, welcome to the PS2 club. While you may have dragged yourself into it (as I did), I think you'll find it enjoyable. It's roughly on par with the Dreamcast - not quite but close.

Anyway, if you want a killer FPS game that you can dive into, run out and get yourself a copy of Tribes: Aerial Assault . Lordnikon opened my eyes to that game, and now I'm totally hooked. It truly is the PS2 alternative to HALO. Plus, it's both broadband and dialup compatible, so it should offer you a lot of flexibility getting online.

If you have a broadband connection there are quite a bit more options for you, but Tribes is a great game. There's a dedicated Tribes section to this site you should check out.

It's awesome.

MICHAE2414
rank 24
Posted:
Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:05 pm
quote : #3
Hey grubensau, welcome. I'm agreeing with kingofgrills here when it comes to picking up Tribes: Aerial Assault. It can be found for ~$9.99 now, and it's a steal at that price for what the game has to offer. I know SOCOM II has been touted as the killer online game for PS2, but I'd still be going with Tribes. It truly is (as lordnikon put it on the forum index) "team-based combat at its best", and I'm sure you'll have a great time with it on broadband or dial-up.

Good to have you here. Smile
Posted:
Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:44 pm
quote : #4
Dude u cant go wrong with Socom II it has voice chat and its up to 16players not to mention that its online mode is so organized unlike most online games.
Posted:
Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:53 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hey grub! Long time, no see. Very Happy

I'd have to agree with Tribes as well. It's a great game, but the only downfall is that in-game communication is very awkward and un-intutive. If you have a PC (?), you can always find a microphone and install TeamSpeak if we are voice chatting. I don't know if this was released in Germany though.

Another shooter I'd reccomend is Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior. You don't have to be familiar with the little figurines to enjoy this game. It runs BUTTER SMOOTH. There is absolutely zero hitching/lag to be found in Fire Warrior. This is a very inexpensive game (if you can find it). I believe this got a PAL release.

You should also check out Killzone. It's a bit laggy online and isn't the most polished game ever, but it's a very solid choice. This was released in PAL terriorties

-Mytho

Last edited by TheMytho on Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:44 pm
quote : #6
Also try the Call of Duty Finest Hour.. ITs online and its pretty good. Also if your looking for some single player FPS try the Red Faction series, Half Life and any of the Bond games....and Timesplitters..
Posted:
Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:33 pm
quote : #7
grubensau wrote:
Well I own a PS2 now, that should never happen hehehhehe. Its one of these automodelista versions (metallic blue Razz). So any ideas for a PS2 only FPS or a real killergame for that system? Are there any probs for a german dude 2 hit the PS2 online game community?

GRUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW YOUR PS2 NOW! CRAZY! WELCOME! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Do you own a PAL system? This is very important before we can recommend any games. PAL or US? Please specify and then I can recommend some good games for you to play with us. I know some games that you would like grub. Specially some that would be good for chatting and extended smoke sessions again hehehe Very Happy

So reply soon! *nikon is excited*
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:43 am
quote : #8
I can't wait for the Smoke Room to be back in session! Wink

I kinda had a little disclaimer next to the games I reccomended. Meaning if he can find them in Germany, great. If not, there are other games out there.

My guess is that his PS2 is JP (I have never heard of special models being released in EU or US). Is your PS2 modified to play US and EU games grub?

-Mytho
Posted:
Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:19 pm
quote : #9
Well I have been scratching my head the last few days looking at the online list. Pondering what game would be a good recommendation. I have come to the realisation that one of the best to get would be Toca 2. Since it has an awsome online chat room interface with proper keyboard support. We would be able to have similar sessions to how we had on Outtrigger. Being able to talk about games and play. Even though it's a racing game, and a not a shooter, I think Toca 2 would be one of the best games to get simply because it gives us the ability to socialize and play games. Plus not all PS2 online games are EUR vs USA compatible, and Toca 2 is one of them, so would be a wise purchase. Also I think the game is selling for a discount price, atleast thats what its selling for here in the US, $29.99 USD.