Page Location: Home > Archive (General) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:02 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok so, Q4 of 2004 was a let down FPS wise....ALLL the FPS's many of us were waiting for didn't get released. So many got pushed back time and time again. With Area 51, Cold Winter, and DarkWatch all pushed to late April...

Project Snowblind might be a purchase for myself, if the game brings home the bacon. Does anyone else feel the pressure? I guess I kinda do because for all this time I have been waiting to add another good FPS to my ps2 lineup. It's not like I am not having fun with what I already have. I just wanted another online FPS to add to my collection. But it can't just be anything, it has to appeal to my standards.

I don't know what snowblind will be running on. I would assume gamespy but, so far there are no details on the official website and no information I have seen that has the gamespy logo on it. So maybe it's an eidos exclusive network package.

One thing is for sure, if it doesn't have LAN, I won't be buying it. If it does have LAN then I will consider looking into this game.

Wasn't darkslayer5000 in the beta? anyone else? What were your opinions of the game?

Just figured since the game is going to be released in about a month, and then it will be yet another 2-3 whole months after that before another FPS gets released that we should spark up some discussions on the game.

Last edited by lordnikon on Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
rank 39
Posted:
Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:13 am
quote : #2
i was in the beta and i enjoyed the multiplayer... There were about 5 different classes from sniper, heary arms and such... THere is alos going to be alot of different game modes...

I will be picking this game up down the road sometime.

Last edited by Mir_wan on Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:42 am
quote : #3
The game looks cool and all, but I'm wary.
XIII was great but it's online lacked a lot of functionality.
Serious Sam? Well, let's not go there.
SW:BF was good, but more like a co-op game against bots. It's not the kind of online game it should have been.
Warhammer was probably the best for online, but with the least maps.

I'm just afraid that the online features will be abysmal. There could be tons of lag, sucky game modes, and missing key features. Until it proves itself, it's just another FPS (as they all are) and that's not enough anymore. Oh ya, where's my team games that feel like a team? I have more hopes for A51 but admittedly that's only because I've had a good experience with T:AA.

(Nikon, please please please try a TS2 LAN tunnel game with me! Let's also get in some games of Warhammer and XIII soon. I think I miss online FPS games, since I've been playing mostly Splinter Cell online and well that's hardly the FPS style I mean.)

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:56 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea I'm in the same boat as you Apple. I am worried that once again a game will be released for the PS2 that has features just flat out missing. Like Rogue Agent or Finest Hour(no split screen is crazy).

I think most of us are really waiting for a game with ALL the trimmings. Many of us have some decent FPS's already and I think the reality is, I know what I am going to do, its just not the way I would have things if it were a perfect world. I think I am going to have to wait, until snowblind, area 51, and cold winter, are all out. So I can buy the one that has everything I am looking for. Which means waiting almost 4 whole more months before I even look at acquiring another ps2 online FPS.

Also apple, yes we have to try tunneling TimesSplitters 2. Also, I am going to schedule some firewarrior games(man I love firewarrior).
rank 23
Posted:
Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:43 pm
quote : #5
Despite the lack of maps, FireWarrior seems to be the most complete game as far as online. It's just smooth graphically, the weapons are great, and it's fast-paced insta-kills. XIII is the same way except a little slower and instead of map deficienct, it's server deficiency. Otherwise, it's great online and off.