Page Location: Home > Archive (General) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:40 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Last night I was playing Auto Modellista with DaMan. After the first race, I was sitting at the "do you want to save replay" screen. I had never thought to do this before. And this time I go "yea why the hell not! lets save that replay!" not only is it basically capturing online experiences for perminant record. But the insane thing is AM's remix capabilities.

Apple might have touched on this all before, with his enthusiasm for these features. I'm sure he did.

But just the idea that you can run a Auto Modellista tournament, save ALL the replays, and then remix your own custom auto modellista clip real.....all within the game.......is pure madness.

The files take up about 110-150 kb of space each on your memory card. So having a dedicated memory card or 2 would be ideal.
rank 24
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:05 pm
quote : #2
Auto Modellista still amazes me at times like that. I think I've saved an online replay once, which then had to be deleted to free up some space. Sad If I had the time+MB for it, though, I'd do exactly what you've outlined with the best of my online races.
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:41 pm
quote : #3
This was the first thing I ranted about as soon as I got the game. It's amazing. I haven't used it really (I knew I wouldn't) but it's still awesome.

You don't need a dedicated card. Upload the saves! (I <3 my new AR Max.)

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:24 am
quote : #4
Just start saving more replays next time your online. Then can make a highlight reel hehe Very Happy Thats what I am gonna be doing. I got 3 so far from the other night.

Yea i need to get some sort of a solution to move data onto the PC or otherwise.

Does anyone know if, backing up data from the memory card to the PS2 HDD allows many many many backups? or is there just 1 slot available to back data up to?
rank 23
Posted:
Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:58 am
quote : #5
Nikon, you could get an AR MAX too! They're less than $30 and if you don't have a USB flash drive, you can upload them to their servers via the PS2 and then download them on the computer (or another PS2).

satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:14 pm
quote : #6
lordnikon wrote:
Just start saving more replays next time your online. Then can make a highlight reel hehe Very Happy Thats what I am gonna be doing. I got 3 so far from the other night.

Yea i need to get some sort of a solution to move data onto the PC or otherwise.

Does anyone know if, backing up data from the memory card to the PS2 HDD allows many many many backups? or is there just 1 slot available to back data up to?

Many many many slots. You might have to make a new folder on the HDD for each replay (so as to not overwrite each replay, if they have the same name and whatnot, i dunno though), but that's no big problem.

DaMan
rank 19
Posted:
Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:23 pm
quote : #7
I don't if it was just giving me what was available or what it does for all save slots but it gave me 10 slots. (on a memory card)