Topic: PSII Location?

Page 1 of 1
YouBlowinMyHigh
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:56 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Wondering where everyone places there playstation II system. (floor, vertical stand,etc...?) I had mine on the carpet with the vertical stand and ive only had mine for 4 months. I bought a new one and put my old one in the box and returned it for my money back Twisted Evil Im wondering because i noticed the front grill and the fan in the back is clogged with carpet and other particles. I then decided to go about using a vacuum w/ extension hose to vaccum the grill out and it didnt work a whole lot. Then i decided to go ahead and open up the system and clean it from the inside out. This turned out to be a medium skilled task you just have to be careful to watch out for the ribbon that connects from the ps2 core to the top plastic case which gives power to the on and off and disc tray buttons. After that i then took off 2 screws for the controller ports and i got the bottom plastic casing off which i needed to clean the grill and the fan. I cleaned it up really good was alot of dust and stuff in there but was pretty clean cus it was a new system. Now it looks better than before and works im sure better this voids ur warranty lol ( sony's 30 day warranty) but in the end is well worth it. Now i have my system clean and i have placed it in my entertainment center w/ the vertical stand. I would never place it on the carpet again even tho it did have the vertical stand.
Posted:
Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:40 pm
quote : #2
i have mine in my entertainment center and the fan is all dusty
Posted:
Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:47 am
quote : #3
i also have it in a dust prone area of my entertainment center. i try to vaccume it out as much as i can.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
YouBlowinMyHigh
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:56 am
quote : #4
Well my entertainment center has cabinets my PSII is sitting in a cabinet which the door closes... this should keep it nice and clean.
Posted:
Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:01 am
quote : #5
I had mine in the entertainment room on top of my record player (next to my gamecube and DVD stand) flat. Just moved my PS2 by my computer in the living room so I can play online. Cool
[UKR]vintendo
rank 2
Posted:
Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:50 pm
quote : #6
got mine next to my comp. Very Happy too bad my ghost recon dont work anymore Sad
Posted:
Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:23 pm
quote : #7
Yeah, mine's next to my computer, too. It's all sitting here in my room. No other way for my online setup to even be demised.