Page Location: Home > Archive (News) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:36 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C

I had heard about this a while ago back during an E3 interview at madman's cafe that kontact passed along to me. However, I have been weary lately of posting vague references or future business plans that companies like to ramble about. However today in a more official press interview SNK Playmore confirmed that they will indeed be adding online multiplayer to all future fighting games. No titles have been confirmed yet. However they announced all titles after the release of King of Fighters 94' Re-Bout will include online multiplayer gameplay.

"We believe that the real fun in fighting games is in playing against other people. But people that are most enthusiastic about fighting games are starting to enter the work force, so they're probably getting less chances to play them [at the arcades]," commented Ryoko Suzuki of SNK Playmore. "We want to provide an environment where the users can experience the thrill of playing against various other people at the arcades, but in their own homes.”

Pretty exciting stuff. I can't wait to see what titles hit the market with online play. They will probobly hit Japan first. However with such a large range, meaning 'all' future fighting titles, SNK is definatly going to release some online PS2 action stateside. More information as it develops. Now change your pants, I know mine definatly need changin.

rank 39
Posted:
Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:35 am
quote : #2
yeah more online games could never hurt.... and these are looking like some online games that would be worth while. ill have to check more onthis when more info is released.
Posted:
Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:45 pm
quote : #3
SVC chaos here we come!

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 15
Posted:
Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:53 am
quote : #4
This is good news, the PS2 is always in need for some good online games. Very Happy

martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:38 pm
quote : #5
Now this is news that I like. I don't care what platform they're talking about (from Atomiswave to PS2), this is good news.

We all know that fighting games scream for online play, and SNK Playmore holds a lot of cards in that department. Good to see that they've got some good sense.
Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:57 pm
quote : #6
when is the release of this game?
Posted:
Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:08 pm
quote : #7
Mir_wan wrote:
when is the release of this game?

What game?

If you're talking about KOF '94 Re-Bout, then it's scheduled for December 31, 2004 (in Japan). No US release has been announced yet.

The game does look pretty cool; it's a re-make of the very first King of Fighters game, with re-drawn sprites, 3D backgrounds, online play, and the ability to pick individual fighters (in the original version you could only pick teams of three; you couldn't mix and match fighters).

I saw other announcements for two other online KOF games; both were three-in-one packs. One included KOF '95, '96, and '97, while the other one included KOF '98 (considered the best by many people), '99, and '00. There was no mention of KOF '01, '02, or '03 (although they presumably would follow, perhaps in another three-pack).