Topic: Playstation 2 Web Browser

Page 1 of 1
YouBlowinMyHigh
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:23 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hey just wondering if sony or any homebrew site will release a browser for Ps2 anytimee soon or ever... would appreciate any info.
Posted:
Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:26 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well in japan, PlanetWeb had made the "Ergo" ps2 browser. Basically its the same exact thing as the pweb dremacast browser for the most part. It was never released in the US, and i hear its a very rare item I have never ever seen the actual product...ever. I have only see 1 screen shot of the PS2 "supposedly" viewing the planetweb jp website via the ps2 ergo browser.

However, with the upcoming release of the PS2 HDD in the US, you should be able to send email with the PS2 using the BB navigator software included with the HDD. You *might* be able to surf the net. I have complete details on the JP version of the BB nav software. And there is a fully working email area featured in the overview of the software.

Email will be a huge plus. The other thing is the BB nav software on the HDD can be updated. So if sony decides they want to add net surfing at a later point in time, then they can add it with ease. Should be interesting to see how it all pans out.
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:38 pm
quote : #3
kool any hope of a ps2 browser is what i wanted to hear Smile