Topic: S.L.A.I. Phantom Crash

Page 1 of 1
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 15
Posted:
Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:58 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Sony is sending me another beta testing kit for a game called S.L.A.I. Phantom Crash . Does anyone know of has heard of this game? I tried looking it up and had no success.

Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:02 pm
quote : #2
Why the hell are you getting all the betas? I've only had Socom 2's beta. Phantom Crash is a mech combat game online. I've only had 1 beta and it wasn't even that cool.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:03 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
It is a mech combat game published by Konami, Developed by Genki.
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/sim/phantomcrash2050/screenindex.html

An iteration was released on the past for it on xbox. And was met with average reviews. But this PS2 version, which is a new game entirely, not a port or anything, looks like it should be good. The game isn't due out until febuary, so it's nice to see they are getting some beta's going now.

This game has no sim movements. Meaning. The physics engine is very unrealistic. Hence. Arcade style gameplay. Anyone looking for some solid mech combat on the PS2....and can't get into the complex gameplay of Armored Core, might want to look into this one.

It's more along the lines of a mech shooter blast fest. And from the videos I have seen the mechs don't really go aerial ever. They kinda slide along the ground.
rank 15
Posted:
Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:24 pm
quote : #4
Wow, thanks a lot for the information Lordnikon! Very Happy I will let you all know ASAP what my first impressions of the game is when I get it in the mail which should be sometime within the next week.

satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:17 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:
Wow, thanks a lot for the information Lordnikon! Very Happy I will let you all know ASAP what my first impressions of the game is when I get it in the mail which should be sometime within the next week.

::shakes fist::

Do you get to keep the beta kits when their done, or do you have to send them back?

Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:03 pm
quote : #6
ive been trying to get into some beta testing for years.. im a member of the underground.. how come i dont get any.. do you have to do anything special... i never did beta testing... what do you have to do to get in.
Posted:
Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:22 pm
quote : #7
I keep them. For instance, the Killzone beta disc I still have, but it's useless now because it won't connect to the server since the beta ended last month; but it's still nice to keep a hold of. Very Happy

About the beta testing, Sony just started sending me emails asking to be a beta tester. So I was like, "ok, what the hell, I'll give it a shot." I was a day late from getting the FF:XI kit which made me mad Evil or Very Mad , but that was my fault.

Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:52 pm
quote : #8
do you have to log on to the ps underground site alot to get them
Posted:
Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:33 am
quote : #9
Mir_wan wrote:
do you have to log on to the ps underground site alot to get them

I hardly go to Sony's site, though I do take part in the surveys that they send me and read their newsletters. That's basiclly how I keep myself informed on their status.

Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:17 am
quote : #10
so they send those surveys in your email
Posted:
Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:11 am
quote : #11
Mir_wan wrote:
so they send those surveys in your email

Yea, like once a month. For instance, last week Sony sent me a survey asking me if I still use the PS2 as my primary DVD player and such.

Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:11 pm
quote : #12
for some reason i dont get those
Posted:
Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:30 pm
quote : #13
Mir_wan wrote:
for some reason i dont get those

Check your settings on your account. I also get demos in the mail every so often as well. I played NFL Street and NBA ShootOut 2004 online demos before it was released in the stores, but that was back in April. lol

Spidhopddy
rank 13
Posted:
Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:24 pm
quote : #14
yea i checked some of my settings and saw that i had annoucements and stuff off. I just turned everything back on, maybe i'll get something now...

*High Score on SWBF* 89 Kills -12 Deaths -19 Captures
Total Time Played: 6 hours and 48 minutes
Total Games: 67
Kills: 722
Deaths: 150