Topic: Goldeneye: Rogue Agent

Page 1 of 1
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 15
Posted:
Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:40 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Ok, I am currently looking into this game but am not sure that it has online capabilities or not. Really, EA hasn't made a very good Bond game since Rare's Goldeneye 007 on the Nintendo 64, so then again I'm not sure about this title. The plot of being the "bad guys" instead of Bond himself is kind of weird too. So I'm half and half on this one. Is anyone else considering this title?

satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:25 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:
Really, EA hasn't made a very good Bond game since Rare's Goldeneye 007 on the Nintendo 64

That should read "EA hasn't made a very good Bond game," seeing as how EA had nothing to do with Goldeneye 007 on the N64. EA is just trying to capitalize on the name "Goldeneye," because it makes everyone think back to the N64 one...

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:35 pm
quote : #3
This game looks like a good rental to me.

-Mytho
Posted:
Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:48 pm
quote : #4
Yea, it's kind of chilling though because if this game flops then we're stuck with the same shit for a long time. EA has the rights to Bond, Pierce Bronson's character, and voice until 2010. Shocked

Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:15 pm
quote : #5
yes this does have online play... it doesnt look to bad but ill get it when it has a proce drop.
Posted:
Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:54 pm
quote : #6
Well guys I can give you guys a verdict on this game! I will be getting this game? Ok you guys are probobly wondering. What the HELL are you talking about nikon?!! This doesn't fit in with your gaming purchase list at all! You never said anything about this game or wanting it.

Well I am not actually paying for the game. I won a brand new copy of the game off of GameSpot. So I will be getting the game sent to me for free.

Razz
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:56 pm
quote : #7
Shocked

awsome. Tell us how it is.

PS- how'd you get it from gamespot?
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:59 pm
quote : #8
That's great! Smile

(if anything, I'll probably be getting it for Xbox though)

-Mytho
Posted:
Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:01 pm
quote : #9
If your a GameSpot complete member and you watch On The Spot, their LIVE weekly show which is on thursdays at 4PM pacific time, they give away stuff. For a while it was just trivial stuff like t-shirts or backpacks. But now they have been giving away video games. And I saw the opportunity to get a free PS2 online game....so hey....I jumped at the chance. I prolly won't be able to win anything else I don't think. But very kool that I am gonna be getting a brand new PS2 online game for 0 dollers hehe :]

Today they gave away a Classic GBA SP with 4-5 oldschool gba nes games. And 2 copies of DOA Ultimate for Xbox.

Last week they were giving away Golden Eye Rogue Agent on all 3 platforms, MOH Pacific Assault, and i think something else. Then the week before that they were giving away copies of Burnout 3 I think.

I'm feelin pretty good right now. Smile
rank 39
Posted:
Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:24 pm
quote : #10
ahh thats cool...im only a basic member of gamespot.....is it worth going complete and how much is it.
Posted:
Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:31 pm
quote : #11
I'll just say that while I am interested in this game, it's way down on my wish list. The premise is intriguing and the online play promising, but there are some other games I'm more, well, geared towards.

Likewise, it'll most likely be a rental for me at the beginning.

Posted Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:37 pm:

Oh, and about GameSpot Complete pricing:
https://secure.gamespot.com/rps/complete_sign_up/complete_sign_up.html
Quote:
MONTHLY - $6.95 per month

ANNUAL - $29.95 per year – Just $2.49 per month (SAVE 64%!)
PLUS save 10% on every game you buy at
EBgames.com!
Posted:
Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:54 pm
quote : #12
I've always thought about going with Gamespot Complete, but I have no way of paying (parents are paranoid about using a credit card on the internet). Plus, I couldn't use the EBGames.com discount.

-Mytho
Posted:
Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:52 am
quote : #13
First of all I watched tons of footage from the On the Spot airing, and GoldenEye: Rogue Agent looked to me.....extremly average. So wait till this baby is selling for 9.99 or something. Seriously, I checked it out from the vids and it just looked bleh. It has some really retarted weapon concepts. Almost the entire game your running around with dual weapons, a mini-gun or some sort of over-powered arsenal. It's like they couldn't restrain themselves. It looks like it will be a good FPS romp with a match making server list etc etc. So trust me when I say this game is one to leave on the back burner.

I just got the game because I won it, and sprung at the opportunity to get a free PS2 online game.

As far as GameSpot complete. If your registered you get ZERO ads on the site anywhere. No ads at all. NONE! No popups no banners no nothing. You also get to download any movie on the site, can create your own user created board, enhanced forum features, and other perks. Mainly I subscribe because of all the streaming content. I watch videos off there streaming off the site all day. It's like gamer TV almost. It rules.

Also the EBGames 10% is completly worthless. Since they now charge tax and shipping is atleast a couple dollers. You save no money at all now. It's not worth using unless you have no other option than to order it off ebgames. Other than that it is now worthless. It WAS worthwhile when I signed up, but then ebgames.com started charging taxes.

BTW, I signed up for IGN for 1 month to download some movies for some dreamcast games. IGN is horrible. If your ever looking for a online ezine to subscribe to. I recommend gamespot. The on-demand streaming content is worth it's weight in gold, with their shows like Let's GameSpot, On The Spot, and Button Mashing.

A lot of stuff you can stream and watch as a non-complete user, but you have to sit through ads. If you have 29.99 to spare, and plan on surfing the website ALOT, then subscribing is well worth the money. At the moment I can't see myself letting my account drop, I have to subscribe now. I am so used to just accessing anything and everything on the website without an ad or any interferance. It's great.
rank 39
Posted:
Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:17 am
quote : #14
when i saw videos of this and screens i never saw some basic machine guns or soemthing like that.. I looks to me the waepons will be a downfall part in this game... I could be wrong but it looks that way.. This does look like a rent off the bat and maybe get it on a price drop down the road,
Posted:
Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:14 pm
quote : #15
lordnikon wrote:
Also the EBGames 10% is completly worthless. Since they now charge tax and shipping is atleast a couple dollers. You save no money at all now. It's not worth using unless you have no other option than to order it off ebgames. Other than that it is now worthless. It WAS worthwhile when I signed up, but then ebgames.com started charging taxes.

Hence, that's why I add a preowned game to any new-game order I do there so I can stack discount coupon codes and save on shipping. (I'm a cheap ass.) Very Happy