Page Location: Home > Archive (News) > Topic
Previous  1, 2
snipersnake
rank 5
Posted:
Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:37 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
yup, agreed. here in my place, madden is not popular but soccer is. i played fifa all over the years and getting scik of it.the best fifa was fifa99. i played winning eleven by konami, but all of the official teams names and rosters are not present.somebody did a crazy patching by updating the rosters according to real stats and the uniforms (brands, sponsors, etc) the gameplay of winning eleven is faaaaaar better than fifa. konami should get the fifa licence, at least they deserve it.
Freshcut_t70
banned!
Posted:
Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:45 am
quote : #17
Madden was the game to play if you had a Sega Genesis or SNES. The Playstation and Saturn were no different. I loved the Madden because it was a great game on these platforms and blew the competition away ( did anyone really play Quarterback club, honestly?). When the Dreamcast came out along with Visual Concepts's NFL2K, i changed my preference automatically. EA decided they were not going to support the DC in any way. I was really pissed that a new Need for Speed or Madden wouldn't be on my DC. After playing NFL2k aand all the sequels , i decided that Madden didn't even matter any more. I also boycotted EA and didn't buy any of there games. EA has gotten scared by Sega once they went software only but continued to have great sales for all the sports games. The 2005 series took a hit critically and commercially enough to scare EA into eliminating the competition altogether. This is why i hate EA with a passion and they can stick all those games up there greedy asses. They snub their rivals and continually kiss Sony's ass. the DC would fail because EA would not support it, outlandish claim? maybe, but is what an EA flunky said in the early days of the DC. After a while i decided to buy some EA games, especially after they decided to sign up for XBOX LIVE (its about time). I now will boycott these soul-less bastards again (what a shock) and kick them to the curb like an unemployed girlfriend. Burn in hell EA..bunch damn sellouts!

CGMANN99
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:35 pm
quote : #18
Here is some related news to this. EA also just scored the licence to NCAA football games for a 6 year deal also. This is also very bad in which it does stiffle innovation in game design.
Posted:
Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:25 am
quote : #19
i didnt think anyone made a ncaa game anymore..... sega used to make ncaa 2k series but wasnt that it and they quit making them.
Posted:
Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:35 pm
quote : #20
Type: NTSC-U/C
I guess you didnt see the news ? EA went and got that too Evil or Very Mad
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/04/11/news_6121995.html

Edit : whoops just saw Mir Wan's post ; didnt see CGMANN's post.
my bad.