BlingShyne2
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:53 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
How is it?

How does it compare to R-Type FINAL?

Are there alot of weapons? Different ships?
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
I <3 Lord Nikon! Smile
DaMan
rank 19
Posted:
Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:53 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
How is it?
Its more of a Shooters shooter you will need good reflexes ,it has some really good graghics ( at least for the little bit that i've done).

Different ships ?
there's one ship that you can powerup in different ways.

Are There a lot of weapons?
There are 4 different powerup setups - which contain within them 5 different weapons and 1 shield type , you select which one you use at the start of the game most of the setups are alternates of the same weapons its mostly a matter of preference. One major differences in the setups is how you can use your " Option" units (orange orbs that fly next your ship ) depending on the setup you select you can manipulate the the options in different ways.

How does it compare to R-Type Final?
Gradius V has 2 player simultaneous play, if you have someone to play with this can be seen as a bonus.

I was asking myself this question for awhile ; although, I've gone back to R-Type Final I still keep reminding to get back to Gradius V ( so I can earn some more credits and get further in the game. ) GV has a play to earn more stuff kind of system in it. There is also the internet ranking you write down a password after playing a certain mode where you can't continue .
bottom line : if you like shmups you can't go wrong with Gradius V. compared to Final I would give a half a point less to Gradius V

WARNING this opinion comes from someone who has NOT played through the entire game!!!
BlingShyne2
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:58 pm
quote : #3
DaMan wrote:
GV has a play to earn more stuff kind of system in it.

Wait, you do know you are comparing this to R-Type FINAL right? I don't think I've ever seen a game that has more stuff to earn than R-Type FINAL.

But anyways, thanks bro.
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
I <3 Lord Nikon! Smile
DaMan
rank 19
Posted:
Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:10 am
quote : #4
Yes , I know ,but unlike R-type Finals the requirements for the unlockables are not plain as day Confused
For instance i'm not sure HOW to unlock it , there's a 5th setup which you customize which weapons you have in it.
as for the amount of unlockables nothing as cool getting new ships just credits for continues and another setup thats all im aware of so far Embarassed
YouBlowinMyHigh
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:59 am
quote : #5
Im gonna pick it up when it drops in price i think it was 30 last time i checked? Gradius was one of my favorite games on nintendo.Has to be a great game on ps2 cant wait to check it out Exclamation
Posted:
Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:40 pm
quote : #6
BlingShyne, if you have cought the shootemup bug, then Gradius V is right up your alley. I would recommend picking up Silpheed The Lost Planet as well. Since you could prolly get it for very cheap. Its a run of the mill shooter but definatly worth picking up. Also look into Castle of Shikigami 2 aka Shikigami No Shiro 2. Was recently released in the states on PS2 for 9.99 rofl, that price point is just insane. That's all the shootemups you can find on the PS2, if your craving even MORE after this, then it would be time to acquire a Dreamcast then :]

I hope some new shootemups find their way into your hands soon. The genre needs new recruits!
rank 5
Posted:
Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:16 am
quote : #7
okay..what do i know about it?? its freakin hard!!!