Page Location: Home > Tribes Aerial Assault > Topic
elf2600
rank 5
Posted:
Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:23 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
i just got tribes:aa this last weekend but didn't get to play with yall Sad . i played tonight (the campaign). and i tell ya, that game is packed full of info... i don't know how ppl play. its so dam involved, i mean switching packs and all. wow.

but i tell ya, i love the game. the feeling of re-spawning and then haveing to look all around and then up to see who is shooting you. its the best feeling in the world.

and i was wondering... do ppl actually use vehicles in there stratigys? i mean, i could see how that would add alot the the game.

anyhow, im going to make time to play this weekend... so who's up for a game?? im going to play saturday 9-12 pm EST

elf
DS-Kingdom Hearts, Advanced Wars 2, Feel The Magic
eMac- World of Warcraft
satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:58 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I haven't played Tribes:AA yet, but from what i've seen and heard, it is VERY similar to Tribes 2. Vehicles play an IMPORTANT role. Especially during CTF, unless v-capping yields a ban or something Rolling Eyes But the packs are VERY useful as well. If you plan on sniping or using your jetpack a lot, get an energy pack. If you're gonna be a heavy, take an ammo pack or a shield pack, depending on whether you're doing offense or defense. A cloak pack is good for base raping (I dunno how the T:AA community reacts towards many of the strategies used on T2, just ask around and see what the responses are), as you can easily sneak into a base and kill their gens without being seen. Um... There are several other packs too.

Repair packs are good for running around and repairing turrets, gens, inv stations, people, etc. (obviously, repairing = good) Um... It's actually been a while since I've played Tribes 2. When I play, I always have a sniper for long range, and a disc launcher + chaingun for close range. Since I use the sniper rifle, I HAVE to have an energy pack, but it also helps with my jetpack, so I'm happy with that. I often use a Shrike or Wildcat to get close to the enemy's base (not too close)and grab their flag or provide defense for the flag carrier (giving them my vehicle while I'm at it).

One question: Can you ski in T:AA?

MICHAE2414
rank 24
Posted:
Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:04 am
quote : #3
satoshi wrote:
One question: Can you ski in T:AA?

Yes, indeed. Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong, though.
Posted:
Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:46 pm
quote : #4
Most servers have V-Capping disabled, there are no cloak packs, neither of the vehicles you mentioned is in the game, the sniper rifle is all but useless, and you CAN ski.

BlingShyne2
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:30 pm
quote : #5
Heres a few quick tips.

Pick a position that you would like to get good at.

The basics are:

Flag Capper (Capper): Person who gets the flag and returns it. The best loadout is Light armor with an energy pack and flares.

Base Disruptor: Offensive player who's goal is to destroy all of the enemies equipment. The best armor is either medium or heavy. Heavy takes a while to get the base and leaves you vulnerable to enemy attacks, but you'll be glad your in it when you get the the enemy base.

Base Defense and Flag Defense: Person who defends the Flag or Base from offensive enemies. The best loadout for Base Defense would be heavy. And for Flag Defense, If your good with the mortar then I suggest heavy. If not then you can always chase the enemy down in light. This is a position in all its own called Flag Chaser.

Midfielder: Person who assists the capper with flares, missles/weakens incoming enemies, takes out outside enemy equipment from afar. best loadout would be medium with a remote station and a missle launcher.

Here are some positions you do not want to find yourself doing:

Sniper: Not very fun, and the sniper rifle is very annoying. Alot of people will say that the only thing you can do is snipe people if you get good with it. From my point of view, it is pretty lame.

Repairer: Don't be the person what repairs the genorators to full just for the points. this leaves people waiting to get there loadout vunerable to any well prepared enemy disruptor. If your interested in repairing, then be Base Defense.

When the base goes down, take these actions:

1: repair one genorator to minimal energy, just enough to where its online.
2: Repair both inventory stations to minimal energy, so everyone can get there loadout
3: Defend the base from enemy attacks.

Do not feel bad about not repairing things to full health, people just want to get there stuff and get out. If you notice a lack of attacks from the enemy, then it is clear to fully repair your base.

here's some don'ts:

Repair running: This is where someone is shooting at you, and you take out your repair pack and start repairing yourself. This is a very cheap tactic and gets you booted fast.

V-Capping (Vehicle Flag Capping): This is when you use a vehicle to run the enemy flag back to your base. It's also a cheap tactic and is disabled in all AADS (Aerial Assault Dedicated Servers) servers.

I hope this little guide has helped you, Put me in your buddy list, my name is BlingShyne2.exe.
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
I <3 Lord Nikon! Smile
satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:21 pm
quote : #6
Apple wrote:
Most servers have V-Capping disabled, there are no cloak packs, neither of the vehicles you mentioned is in the game, the sniper rifle is all but useless, and you CAN ski.

My ASS the Shrike isn't in the game. I've watched that T:AA trailer on my Net Demo disc way more than enough, and I can plainly see a Shrike, on Katabatic none the less. Cloak packs are gone? Poo. Sniper would be hard to aim with a joystick, so, yea, it would be kinda useless.

DietGarfield
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:28 pm
quote : #7
i know the names of the vehicles have different names...

anti-grav bike = mongoose
fighter = i dont know
transport = i forget
bomber = the hammer
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:58 pm
quote : #8
fighter = shrike

transport = piltdown

OMGFUXORS YOU NOOB!
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
I <3 Lord Nikon! Smile
Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:42 pm
quote : #9
In T:AA a fighter is a Dingo... noob.

BlingShyne2
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:10 pm
quote : #10
I think in T2 there it's a shrike...

I think?
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
I <3 Lord Nikon! Smile
DietGarfield
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:24 pm
quote : #11
i dont know, i was naming the ones from TAA...noobs

(still looking for something static Mad )
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:10 pm
quote : #12
That's really funky, changing the names of the vehicles... Oh well.

BlingShyne2
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:11 pm
quote : #13
I actually did forget it was a dingo, but him saying shrike made me think it was a shrike.

But yea, in T2 it's called a shrike.
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
I <3 Lord Nikon! Smile