Page 1 of 2
TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:03 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I just rented this out. Reminds me of Deus Ex minus the RPG elements and better gunplay. Does anyone else here have this?

-Mytho

Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:07 pm
quote : #2
When you get the chance can you write it up with features, differences from other games, good thing, bad things? I didn't rent it yet but I hear lots of good things and only a couple of bad things.

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:38 pm
quote : #3
I heard it was originally a deus ex game or somethin but i am real curious about it also cuz in those commercials it looks cool but then again commercials could make a barbie game look cool
Posted:
Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:28 pm
quote : #4
TheMytho wrote:
I just rented this out. Reminds me of Deus Ex minus the RPG elements and better gunplay. Does anyone else here have this?

The game was originally called "Deus Ex: Clan Wars". It's an extension of the Deus Ex universe.

I was gonna make a post about this game. So far everywhere I have read says this game has full LAN. TheMytho, can you confirm if this game has LAN for the PS2? I am DYING to know. If it does, along with all the other features this game has it bolts up on my purchase list. How is the gameplay. Like apple says....DETAILS MAN!!!! We need details!!!! heheh. First FPS to hit the spring ps2 fps bombardment. /me starts drooling on his mouse...
rank 38
Posted:
Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:07 am
quote : #5
lordnikon wrote:
I was gonna make a post about this game. So far everywhere I have read says this game has full LAN. TheMytho, can you confirm if this game has LAN for the PS2

Yes, it has LAN features.

lordnikon wrote:
If it does, along with all the other features this game has it bolts up on my purchase list. How is the gameplay. Like apple says....DETAILS MAN!!!! We need details!!!! heheh. First FPS to hit the spring ps2 fps bombardment. /me starts drooling on his mouse...

I haven't spent much time online, but here is what I could find:

Up to 16 player combat
Vehicles are enabled online
5-6 different classes
Voice chat
Clan support
Friends list

On gameplay: The feel is very smooth and responsive. I've rarely had any slowdown (The time it did happen, there were around 15 characters on screen, two explosions and a tank rolling in, but I barely noticed it). These are my impressions from single-player though. The vehicles are enjoyable to use (it's hillarious to slam into soldiers with it). It's a very solid shooter thus far and I think you would be impressed with it.

-Mytho
Posted:
Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:14 am
quote : #6
TheMytho wrote:
Yes, it has LAN features.

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

*nikon does cartwheels across the room*

TheMytho wrote:
I haven't spent much time online, but here is what I could find:

Up to 16 player combat
Vehicles are enabled online
5-6 different classes
Voice chat
Clan support
Friends list

On gameplay: The feel is very smooth and responsive. I've rarely had any slowdown (The time it did happen, there were around 15 characters on screen, two explosions and a tank rolling in, but I barely noticed it). These are my impressions from single-player though. The vehicles are enjoyable to use (it's hillarious to slam into soldiers with it). It's a very solid shooter thus far and I think you would be impressed with it.

-Mytho

This game is now a must have purchase for me. However I don't know when I will be able to buy the game.
Trizeal for Dreamcast, Sega Classics Collection and Phantasy Star Trilogy are like, must have needed purchases and I need to get those first before I get Snowblind. Plus I am dead broke right now. Need to get some client work done to get some $$$.

Does the game have keyboard support?

The fact that this game has LAN is really really important, since only about 1..and possibly 2 of all the upcoming fps's after snowblind will have LAN. I have already confirmed 1 to not have LAN from the developer which I will be including in a news thread shortly.

I would like to point out that GameSpot gave the PS2 version its "BEST" icon. Even though it scored the same as the xbox version. They reported that the PS2 version had a better framerate than the xbox version. Wierd, yea I know, but everyone is agreeing hehe. Multiple editors and many of the community members are saying this as well. Just thought I would let you know Mytho since I know you play on both systems and tend to get games based on certain criteria.

I will definatly be buying Project Snowblind. Just is going to take me a few weeks to actually acquire the game. Great news for PS2 online gamers though. We've really really really needed a solid addition to the ps2 FPS arsenal. And another game with LAN is like "WHOO HOO!".
rank 38
Posted:
Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:46 am
quote : #7
lordnikon wrote:
Does the game have keyboard support?

I don't think so.

lordnikon wrote:
I would like to point out that GameSpot gave the PS2 version its "BEST" icon. Even though it scored the same as the xbox version. They reported that the PS2 version had a better framerate than the xbox version. Wierd, yea I know, but everyone is agreeing hehe. Multiple editors and many of the community members are saying this as well. Just thought I would let you know Mytho since I know you play on both systems and tend to get games based on certain criteria.

When I read that the PS2 was technically better, I was pretty suprised. It's very rare the PS2 version beats the Xbox, but heh. The only downside I've had with the PS2 version is that I had router problems while playing online. I had to open up a few ports and haven't really given it the time of day yet.

I have the Xbox version on the way from GameFly, so I'll check that out and decide what platform I'll go on. I'd like to keep my options open before I commit to a platform.

-Mytho
Posted:
Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:15 am
quote : #8
word yea go with whatever one you think it best Smile Thanx again for reporting the info. Super happy that the game has LAN.
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:27 pm
quote : #9
I'll have to check this game out. But then of course Timesplitters 3 comes out in March. AHHHHH TOO MANY GAMES!

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:41 pm
quote : #10
After some online play, I would have to say you should try this before you buy. I thought this game was one of the buggiest online games I've ever played. People would skate across the ground, speed up and slow down constantly and lag around in close-quarters combat. I greatly prefer to play Killzone over this game.

This game had truckloads of potential and it's a shame that it kinda bites to play online.

-Mytho
Posted:
Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:29 pm
quote : #11
TheMytho wrote:
After some online play, I would have to say you should try this before you buy. I thought this game was one of the buggiest online games I've ever played. People would skate across the ground, speed up and slow down constantly and lag around in close-quarters combat. I greatly prefer to play Killzone over this game.

This game had truckloads of potential and it's a shame that it kinda bites to play online.

-Mytho

This is the PS2 version you're talking about, right?

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:17 pm
quote : #12
Yes.

Like I said, try before you buy. The single-player campaign is pretty decent, but it's so glitchy online I can't stand to play it.

-Mytho
Posted:
Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:21 pm
quote : #13
The online lag you mention is a bit unfortunate, but I'm still hoping to get a demo/rental of this sometime to see how the game plays for me. Who knows, your mileage may vary on how smooth the game is online for you (a bit, IMO, like Rainbow Six 3).
Posted:
Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:31 pm
quote : #14
Maybe I've been spoiled by playing PC and Xbox games online, but I expected better online performance from Snowblind. I may try it out again and give some more impressions, but it's not looking too favorable.

Before anyone goes off on me saying "Hey, you said this game was good. What gives?" let me explain: The first online experience I had with the game was last night. The previous posts were just reports from single-player, not online.

-Mytho
Posted:
Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:13 am
quote : #15
Benchmark the game in various gameplay conditions. Most home connections cannot support hosting a 16 player game. That's just way too much. Try 8 player games, and try hosting yourself. If you can play a game with 6 players and no-lag. That will work for me. Most gamers tend to push their connections overboard, more than their 15-25 average kb/s upstream can support.

If anyone else rents the game report your findings.

I'm more than willing to accept the fact that the game can be a laggy horrible mess. I guess I just feel more testing is required before it has been given that verdict.