Topic: snowblind...

Page 1 of 1
sick
rank 1
Posted:
Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:24 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
This game is really quite nice. It has alot of elements of some of my favorite games (007:Everything or Nothing, Goldeneye). I even bought a network adaptor to play this online, so i'm new to online play, but haven't had any luck playing it. There's never a game, and I'll host one but nobody plays. Am I doing something wrong?

MasterChief
rank 16
Posted:
Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:46 am
quote : #2
hows the lag? ive heard bad.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
DietGarfield
rank 11
Posted:
Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:39 am
quote : #3
do you have a router?
rank 39
Posted:
Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:57 pm
quote : #4
did u download the newest patch,...
Posted:
Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:09 am
quote : #5
woah, theres a patch?

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
sick
rank 1
Posted:
Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:02 pm
quote : #6
I'm hooked up at work through a LAN, I have no problem getting to and playing the game (there is no lag at all), it just seems like no one else is playing. (which I thought may be possible, since it is pretty new). Tell me more of this patch thing, please?

DietGarfield
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:05 pm
quote : #7
thats why.

LAN = local area network. that means you need to have other people connected to that LAN to be playing. LANs dont give you access to the internet.

you need a cable modem connected to your ps2 in order to see the online servers.
rank 1
Posted:
Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:54 pm
quote : #8
Well yeah, that may be, but after I wandered around the snowblind areana by myself for an hour, I put in SOCOM and played all day, in all parts of the world. I may be calling it LAN by mistake. I just pluged the CAT 5 cable into the T1 thingy that our computers go to the internet through. It's just not dail-up. maybe I should have said ethernet?

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:29 pm
quote : #9
Type: NTSC-U/C
Maybe it has something to do with a firewall/router blocking your access, or you merely selected the wrong option in the Project: Snowblind menu. I believe the online is the third option in the menu. I do not have access to the game anymore, so don't take my word for it.

If your absolutely sure it's a firewall/router issue, try checking out this support page and click on 'Basic troubleshooting tips for multiplayer problems.'

-Mytho
Posted:
Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:02 pm
quote : #10
yeah, you shouldnt be having problems if you have T1. Its probaly a firewall thing or options thing as Mytho said
rank 1
Posted:
Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:47 am
quote : #11
I'm pretty sure your'e right. That support page tells me exactly what I need to do. I don't have the Network Adaptor start up disk with me today, but I'll work on it Monday. I should be killing by the afternoon!

Posted Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:59 pm:

it would appear that the port this game uses is blocked by my IT department because it has been identified as a possible security problem. I cant even plug in in front of the router where I work (fire station) because that router doesn't go out, it talks only to a main router that sits at IT. I thank you guys for your help, but it looks like only a solo camaign for me.