Page Location: Home > Archive (General) > Topic
1, 2, 3  Next
Spidhopddy
rank 13
Posted:
Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:40 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I was wondering how many of you gus were going to be picking this game up. It seems like its going to be a sure-fire hit, with all it various online modes and ability to trade snigle and multiplayer maps online! ( Such as the Tony Hawk Games). Also we can finally say so long to tunneling the second title.
I'll probably be pre-ordering it this weekend, hope to see some of you guys online.

*High Score on SWBF* 89 Kills -12 Deaths -19 Captures
Total Time Played: 6 hours and 48 minutes
Total Games: 67
Kills: 722
Deaths: 150
TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:51 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I'm going to rent first before I buy. There are so many other shooters out there vying for my attention.

-Mytho
Posted:
Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:25 pm
quote : #3
Based on my experience with the GC version of TS2, I will be getting this in a heartbeat. TS2 rocks. The GC controller is the greatest for it, though, so I use my PS/2 and PS2 -> GC adapter and all is well. It's a very awesome game and I hope they make TS3 at least as good as TS2. Man, I can't wait. What's the tentative release date?

Spidhopddy
rank 13
Posted:
Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:42 am
quote : #4
March 24th

satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:33 am
quote : #5
Spidhopddy wrote:
March 24th

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Yes! That's SOO close!!! Mr. Green Mr. Green

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:52 pm
quote : #6
I don't think TS3 will replace TS2. I don't think TS3 will have LAN. Simply because NO EA published game has ever had LAN for the PS2. This situation MAY prove to be different since Free Radical is developing the game. However since EA is publishing it, I fear LAN may not be included out of principle. Also even after TS3 comes out, I will still want to tunnel TS2, simply because its so easy and there is no lag at all.
rank 38
Posted:
Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:05 pm
quote : #7
To add to what Nikon mentioned, TimeSplitters 2 is mad cheap these days. For someone that has never tried a TimeSplitters title or is running low on cash, it is a more reasonable option.

-Mytho
Posted:
Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:14 pm
quote : #8
Yea that's another really really good point. I think at most stores you can get the game for the cube for 9.99 now. Which is just crazy cheap, considering all the features this game has.

Also I think I am gonna get the cube version of TS2 actually as well, for the splitscreen. Since TS2 really is the best splitscreen FPS available for cube. I would love to have it available for the 4 player splitscreen support. As I refuse to buy a multi-tap for my PS2.
rank 39
Posted:
Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:24 pm
quote : #9
yeah this game looks good.. im probably going to get it... yes TS2 is dirt cheap and a great game.. but TS3 will have online and be the new thing going...
Posted:
Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:11 pm
quote : #10
Also, most of us love TS2 to death, but are ready for a new TimSplitters, as I am.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:12 pm
quote : #11
Yes of course, it's about time the TimeSplitters series finally got online officially. This series has deserved it, TS2 should have been online.
rank 13
Posted:
Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:04 pm
quote : #12
yea TS2 was online up until launch prwtty much, then it was removed.

Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:30 am
quote : #13
yeah i was pissed that TS2 wasnt online
Posted:
Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:33 pm
quote : #14
So, who's socks does TS3 rock? TS3 rocks my socks! This game came out two days ago, I got it yesterday. It is AWESOME. The online mode freaking rocks. The whole map download thing is amazing too. There's basically a repository of maps that you can search through using a plethora of methods. Another amazing, online, thing is that you can play splitscreen online. My little brother and I loaded up our two players. When we got to the main menu we saw that "network" was NOT grayed out. We go into the network menu and both LAN and Online Game are LIT UP!! We played several games online, it was AWESOME!

TS3 runs like freaking butter too. We did some coop missions and it was running at a smooth 60fps the entire time. I have never seen a PlayStation game run so smoothly before. Even the Gamecube version of TS2 had a bit more slowdown than this one does! Online ran very smooth as well. Even when there were two of us on the same console.

Oh man, I can't wait to get home and play this game. I haven't created an EA account yet, nor have I created an online persona, we were playing on my brother's account. I'll let y'all know when I've got an account and what it is. Hopefully we can get some OC games going.

Oh: There's a buddylist. It supports headset. It doesn't say that it supports the keyboard or mouse, but I'm gonna try them anyway when I get home.

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:32 pm
quote : #15
I'm glad to hear your happy with the game satoshi. I'll probably be checking this out on Xbox sometime soon, but I gotta save dinero for Midnight Club 3.

-Mytho