Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:27 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Satoshi this is great stuff to hear. The splitscreen online feature is great. Did you test that out actually?

Ok so now I am about to survey you hehe, if you would help out it would be great.

Does the game have Harddrive support? (probobly not but asking anyways, only answer if you have a HD and can test)
Keyboard chat support? If it does support the usb keyboard, please specify where.

As far as LAN is concerned. Can you please test setting up a LAN game and create a game, and make sure it doesn't bring up any DNAS games. I need ultra 100% verification so really keep your eyes open. The reason I say this and am being so overly paranoid is, no EA game has ever had LAN before. Obviously Free Radical puts more tender loving care into their titles, so the inclusion of LAN is great. I just want to make sure its all fully functioning. If you could, test it while connected to a router and "not" connected to the internet. That would be the ultimate test, but it's not required.

I'm glad to hear this game brings home the bacon and gives PS2 owners some MUCH needed firepower. Future Perfect sounds like a "complete game". Much in the veign of games like Toca 2, TMB:O and Socom 2, where the game comes with a full complete offline and online feature set.
rank 21
Posted:
Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:06 pm
quote : #17
lordnikon wrote:
Satoshi this is great stuff to hear. The splitscreen online feature is great. Did you test that out actually?

Yep! Several times!

Quote:
Ok so now I am about to survey you hehe, if you would help out it would be great.

No problem, I like to help out when I can.

Quote:
Does the game have Harddrive support? (probobly not but asking anyways, only answer if you have a HD and can test)

I have a HDD, nothing says it supports it. I have downloaded a few maps, gone into the map editor, etc., but the only thing I can save to is Memory Card A. Kinda disappointing.

Quote:
Keyboard chat support? If it does support the usb keyboard, please specify where.

Not sure yet, I have yet to bring my keyboard over and try it out. I'm assuming there's no actual chatting function for the keyboard, but I'll try that out in addition to whether or not it can be used to input information (map information, account info, etc.).

Quote:
As far as LAN is concerned. Can you please test setting up a LAN game and create a game, and make sure it doesn't bring up any DNAS games. I need ultra 100% verification so really keep your eyes open. The reason I say this and am being so overly paranoid is, no EA game has ever had LAN before. Obviously Free Radical puts more tender loving care into their titles, so the inclusion of LAN is great. I just want to make sure its all fully functioning. If you could, test it while connected to a router and "not" connected to the internet. That would be the ultimate test, but it's not required.

I went into the LAN mode just to see and it loaded it up. It did the "connecting to network" thing, but it did NOT display a DNAS screen like it does for online mode. It gave me a list of available matches, of which there were none (obviously). I hit "new game," but never actually started one, just kinda sat in the lobby.

I'll do the "ultimate test" (router, but no internet) later tonight when no one in my household actually needs to get online.

Quote:
I'm glad to hear this game brings home the bacon and gives PS2 owners some MUCH needed firepower. Future Perfect sounds like a "complete game". Much in the veign of games like Toca 2, TMB:O and Socom 2, where the game comes with a full complete offline and online feature set.

It is awesome. I'm amazed that Free Radical has given us a wonderful game (should I really be surprised though? It was expected Cool ).

My EA account is OCsatoshi and my persona is OCsatoshi as well. I'm still trying to figure out why my persona from my little brother's account is tied to his account despite the fact that I've deleted it over and over...

Edit: Oh yea: It tracks online stats (age verification thing sucks... put in a year like 1970 or something and then try this link again)

Edit again: I just did a preliminary test with my keyboard. My lil bro was sending messages to some online buddies via the built-in EA messenger/buddy list thing, so I plugged my keyboard in to see if it would work. They keyboard lights up (my keyboard glows), but I could not turn off the num/caps/scroll locks, nor could I actually type anything. 'Tis a shame. It should be pretty harmless to add keyboard support...

Edit yet again: More information:

When playing splitscreen online, players 2-4 take on the following names: Guest#:$player_ones_name. So, for example, if my brother and I were playing splitscreen online, I would be OCsatoshi and he would be Guest1:OCsatoshi. I HAVE seen Guest2's, meaning there were three people on that specific console playing. I have yet to see any Guest3's, though.

Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:04 pm
quote : #18
does this still hav i Link too?
Posted:
Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:35 pm
quote : #19
Mir_wan wrote:

I highly doubt that it does, seeing as I.Link has gone the way of the dinosaurs.

*High Score on SWBF* 89 Kills -12 Deaths -19 Captures
Total Time Played: 6 hours and 48 minutes
Total Games: 67
Kills: 722
Deaths: 150
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:05 pm
quote : #20
satoshi wrote:
Edit again: I just did a preliminary test with my keyboard. My lil bro was sending messages to some online buddies via the built-in EA messenger/buddy list thing, so I plugged my keyboard in to see if it would work. They keyboard lights up (my keyboard glows), but I could not turn off the num/caps/scroll locks, nor could I actually type anything. 'Tis a shame. It should be pretty harmless to add keyboard support...

Yea I wish there was some sort of text chat with a keyboard. I wonder if Area 51 will impliment it (nikon prays they will). I personally prefer keyboard chat to headset chat. Oh well, with Timesplitter FP's features, it's kind of hard to argue hehe Wink

satoshi wrote:
Edit yet again: More information:

When playing splitscreen online, players 2-4 take on the following names: Guest#:$player_ones_name. So, for example, if my brother and I were playing splitscreen online, I would be OCsatoshi and he would be Guest1:OCsatoshi. I HAVE seen Guest2's, meaning there were three people on that specific console playing. I have yet to see any Guest3's, though.

So this game has 4 player splitscreen over the internet? MAN thats the first time that has happened since the Dreamcast(tons of Dreamcast games had splitscreen / multiple players online. I know Halo could do 4 player over system link and all but, man, this is actuall online. That is really awsome.

Spidhopddy wrote:
Mir_wan wrote:

I highly doubt that it does, seeing as I.Link has gone the way of the dinosaurs.

Yea, looks like the only games that will continue to support the i.link cable is the Armored Core series.
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:23 pm
quote : #21
lordnikon wrote:
MAN thats the first time that has happened since the Dreamcast(tons of Dreamcast games had splitscreen / multiple players online. I know Halo could do 4 player over system link and all but, man, this is actuall online. That is really awsome.

T:AA has 2 player split screen online.
rank 39
Posted:
Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:25 pm
quote : #22
i didnt think this would have and i link cable since newer ps@s dont have a slot for them..

Where is the best place to get one if i was to use it for TS2 or UT
Posted:
Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:43 am
quote : #23
DietGarfield wrote:
lordnikon wrote:
MAN thats the first time that has happened since the Dreamcast(tons of Dreamcast games had splitscreen / multiple players online. I know Halo could do 4 player over system link and all but, man, this is actuall online. That is really awsome.

T:AA has 2 player split screen online.

Yea I was specifically referring to 4 player.

Mir_wan wrote:
i didnt think this would have and i link cable since newer ps@s dont have a slot for them..

Where is the best place to get one if i was to use it for TS2 or UT

Jandamans! Right here:
http://www.jandaman.com/games.mvc?p=ps2linkcable&Category_code=PS2

I.LINK cables for 5.95 Very Happy
rank 13
Posted:
Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:45 pm
quote : #24
wow that's a pretty good price. I might pick one up for TS2 as well.

*High Score on SWBF* 89 Kills -12 Deaths -19 Captures
Total Time Played: 6 hours and 48 minutes
Total Games: 67
Kills: 722
Deaths: 150
Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:17 pm
quote : #25
thanks nikon ill check it out
Posted:
Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:38 pm
quote : #26
I recently tried Timesplitters 3: Future Perfect out and man, this game is awesome! I highly reccomend this to anybody with a slight interest in shooters.

Free Radical finally fixed the aiming issue, allowing you to use a fixed crosshair instead of having to press a button to aim.

-Mytho
Posted:
Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:12 pm
quote : #27
its good to see that this is a good game.. is it better than TS2
Posted:
Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:58 pm
quote : #28
Mir_wan wrote:
its good to see that this is a good game.. is it better than TS2

I would say so just from the inclusion of online play. The fact that you can use a fixed reticle now makes this game much easier to play than the previous TimeSplitters titles.

-Mytho
Posted:
Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:41 pm
quote : #29
yeah online play was needed in TS2. does anyone know what the official reason was for taking it out of TS2
Posted:
Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:44 pm
quote : #30
Mir_wan wrote:
yeah online play was needed in TS2. does anyone know what the official reason was for taking it out of TS2

Sony and Eidos had a falling out over the online features. That's as specific as I could get.

-Mytho