Page Location: Home > Tribes Aerial Assault > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:12 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Do you guys think Tribes needs more balance in terms of it's master list?

I think there needs to be more DM, CNH and Hunter's servers up.

When player counts are low, CTF games are hit or miss. Sometimes when you go online to get into some heated competition, there just isn't any. Simply because a CTF game might be entirely "broken". Mind you, it is fun to start up on a team that has been completly destroyed and help bring it back to life. It's really hard playing when the other team is all clan members and your team is full of in-experienced players.

Let me give you a good example of why I think my theory is correct. I know you guys have done this exact identical thing too:
You power on your Playstation 2, you hit up the TribesAA master list, it's some off hour of the day where not many people are on. There is one populated ctf game with about 11 people in it. One team is 608 pts the other is 101 pts and the team you just joined, has it's entire base and all defenses completly destroyed. You'd have to bust your ass hardcore to get your team back in the game. Also since CTF needs teamwork, and your teamates might be newbies, your sort of in a shitty spot. So its either, go light armor and get picked off by missles, or leave the server. And play somewhere else...but...there is no where else to play since thats the only populated server. So you power off the PS2 and do something else.

I do this atleast 2 times a week, easy. However if there were a Hunter's server...or a CNH server up I would prolly join those if I couldn't find another good game to get into. Even just idle there until some more players showed up.

Also you gotta figure, more people would to. So in many respects I think more of the other modes being in the master list would not only help have more casual games available. It would also help to fill up CTF servers with more players, since more people would be at the list and playing in games.

Just some stuff that has been running through my head lately. What do you guys think?
rank 38
Posted:
Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:54 pm
quote : #2
I think the reason why people don't host CNH, DM and Hunters is because they don't want to try other things. CTF is just a safe bet that everyone can agree on.

-Mytho
Posted:
Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:41 am
quote : #3
I would LOVE a Hunters server. That game mode is so awesome, chaotic, and frantic. It makes for a good "quick fix" game mode. CTF is usually more involved. However, sometimes I just want to power on my PS2 for a little bit of online gaming before bed. I honestly think a Hunters server would be quite popular.
Posted:
Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:00 pm
quote : #4
I think our OC server has been down for a few days. There is some glitch that is causing the server to crash. Were not sure what's causing it. Anyways when I get it back up I will set it to be a Hunter's server for a bit. Also when I am not using my homeline I am going to setup a small 6 man TAA hunter's server. And will leave it up whenever I am not activly using my connection.
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:48 pm
quote : #5
I love hunters and deathmatch. if you set up a hunters or DM server, I'd be at it whenever it was populated and I was playing.