Page Location: Home > Archive (News) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:54 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Prepare to be shocked and amazed. Ubisoft seems to be trying at least to redeem themselves for the rushed PS2 port of Rainbow Six 3. I was just reading over the official web site, and there is tons of information. Shocking right? An official web site posting actual game details before release? Not only that but they are really accurate. First off, Rainbow Six Lockdown will support LAN and online for up to 16 players. I know it means LAN for PS2, because they made it a point to refer to the Xbox's local play as SystemLink, and the PS2's as LAN. Also you will be able to play 2-player split screen over the network(like TribesAA and TimeSplitters:FP). And that's not all! You will be able to play co-op split screen offline once again, just like in the original RS3 for PS2. However THIS time you can play co-op online! And that's not all! You can even play co-op with 2 people on one PS2 and 2 on another. There will be 3 adversarial modes(Team, Rivalry, & Retrieval), and 2 co-op modes(Missions, & Terrorist Hunt).

Now, you have to admit, that is some pretty amazing news. I originally pigeonholed this game to be yet another screwup from Ubisoft for the PS2(a la GR2 / RS3). The only question is whether the game will be PLAYABLE online. With every game after RS3 being very playable(SC2,SC3,GR:JS,GR2), and the game sporting a 16 player count and even 2 players on one PS2...this is a good indication that the game will perform well online. If you have 2 players playing online off the same PS2, then you would think 1 person playing online would not be laggy right? However, in RS3 on PS2, I also thought a 2 player game would not get laggy, however it's unplayable even under these conditions. So we will just have to wait and see what happens when RS:Lockdown gets released.

Personally this is very exciting information. Ubisoft has addressed a ton of features here. What are your thoughts on all of this?

Last edited by lordnikon on Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
rank 23
Posted:
Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:41 am
quote : #2
See, if something like that had been $10 when I was considering RS3, then I would have gotten it.

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:00 pm
quote : #3
Eh, if Ubisoft can fix the bullet physics for Lockdown, I'd give it a shot. This is indeed suprising news though.

-Mytho
Posted:
Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:53 pm
quote : #4
Yowza. It sounds like Ubisoft is really redeeming themselves with all these features - let's just hope that the bullet physics/hit detection that plauged RS3 from playability gets perfected as well.
Posted:
Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:46 pm
quote : #5
ill wait to see how this one plays before i get it
Posted:
Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:40 pm
quote : #6
Same here, I am making darn sure this game performs well before I lay a finger on it. In-fact I will most likely end up waiting a bit to defray the cost of RS3. I originally spent 50.00 on it, then sold it back for about 25, and then rebought it again for $9.