Topic: I just got DSL!

Page 1 of 1
Freshcut_t70
banned!
Posted:
Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:17 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I just ordered DSL and will have it by monday. I'm so excited and dial up has been the pits for me (DC-PS2-PC) These systems aren't the same with just dial-up. I'll have to look for a BBA for DC but the PS2 and the PC are ready to go (aside from minor installation issues for the PC). Then i'll be getting XBOX LIVE with in a month. Hope to see some of you guys on the PS2 network Smile

MasterChief
rank 16
Posted:
Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:07 am
quote : #2
awesome man, welcome to the cult of broadband! lemme know your xbl tag when you get it.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
Freshcut_t70
banned!
Posted:
Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:42 am
quote : #3
I sure will, i noticed that you have Counter Strike for XBOX, is that still online for LIVE? I have ESPN NFL 2K5-Counter Strike-Crimson Skies-Star Wars:clone Wars- Ghost Recon. I'll definitely be looking for more LIVE games now Smile

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:07 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Freshcut_t70, that is awsome now we can play some Tribes Aerial Assault together in a full game sometime. What games do you have for PS2? (ps: fill out the PDB's in the online game list to add games you own, to your collection in your profile.)
rank 24
Posted:
Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:10 pm
quote : #5
Great to hear, dude! Yeah, I'd like to know what specific PS2 online games you have as well. Broadband is kinda on the backburner for me, unfortunately... (10 months and counting)
Posted:
Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:13 pm
quote : #6
lordnikon wrote:
(ps: fill out the PDB's in the online game list to add games you own, to your collection in your profile.)

Such a handy feature. I <3 PDB's.

MasterChief
rank 16
Posted:
Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:38 pm
quote : #7
Freshcut_t70 wrote:
I sure will, i noticed that you have Counter Strike for XBOX, is that still online for LIVE? I have ESPN NFL 2K5-Counter Strike-Crimson Skies-Star Wars:clone Wars- Ghost Recon. I'll definitely be looking for more LIVE games now Smile

as far as i know no xbox live game has ever gone down.

thats wierd, i have literally EVERY game you listed there!

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
Freshcut_t70
banned!
Posted:
Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:10 pm
quote : #8
Thats good to know about LIVE games, and to think people talk smack about XBOX lIVE all the time. I have for PS2

1.) ATV 2
2.) Socom 2
3.) Tribes: Aerial Assault
4.) Twisted Metal Black Online
5.) ESPN NFL 2K5

Those are the online games i have currently but if any one has some recommendations i would appreciate it. I'm a big FPS fan and RTS along with sports games.

Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:08 am
quote : #9
i have all of those xbox games too other than tne first ghost recon....clone wars can be fun when there is enough people to play its almost like twisted metal but not too many people it too much.
Posted:
Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:29 pm
quote : #10
Type: NTSC-U/C
Freshcut_t70 wrote:
Those are the online games i have currently but if any one has some recommendations i would appreciate it. I'm a big FPS fan and RTS along with sports games.

Medal of Honor Rising Sun for the PS2 would be a good pickup. I say this for the following reasons:

The only medal of honor game available that is online, and its online features were ps2 exclusive
Has headset support, map rotation, and there are always a ton of people online
its a game you can hop on at any time of day and get some good straight forward deathmatch going
its cheap! this game has been out for a while now and you can get it for about 15-20 bucks
the game is EA however cool thing is with this game you don't have to "sign up" for any ea account
the game runs butter online, no lag

This games price coupled with some of these features make it a worthy pickup. Another point I would like to make is, the game has offline bots if you want to play against A.I.(but there are always people online so not really an issue.) And the game also has 2 player co-op through the games single player experience. This games strength is its online though.
banned!
Posted:
Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:47 pm
quote : #11
I have MoH: Rising Sun for XBOX so i might not get it, but then again if i find it for a cheap price... I look forward to fraggin' some people on the net real soon Smile