Topic: PS2 USB Headset

Page 1 of 1
Bawitback
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:59 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I've been reading these reviews on how horriable PS2 USB headsets break.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/deptpage.asp?wherefrom=search&searchword=PS2%20USB%20 headset

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008KXG5/002-1973603-3450420?v=glance

Do you own a headset? if so, what brand?

btw, how realiable is teamspeak?
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:31 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/237207.asp

I own the above headset. It works great, and works on my PS2 and my PC as well. It is very comfortable.

This headset is "vulnurable" to miss-treatment. If you are a sloppy pig and yank your headset around all the time, step on it, toss it across the room. Then yes your headset will become non-functional after a few months.

The cord on the headset is very thin. Most peoples headsets break because they yank on the cord a lot, if it gets tangled or otherwise.

You just have to be carefull with it. Take care of it. Untangle it slowly, hook it up, and play normal. When you are done, make sure you take it off and just lay it down where nothing might happen to it. Just take care of your headset.

One of the #1 things to watch out for is, how you are moving around when you have the headset on. If you are in a wheely chair and you roll over the cord, and then stand up, you could damage the headset by yanking on it like that. Make sure you are not stepping on the cord before you stand up.

If you just take care of your headset and don't physically break the thing, it will last forever. These don't mysteriously break. They break from users actually breaking them.
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:58 pm
quote : #3
I would have to agree with nikon on this one. I have the Logitech USB headset and its been great for me!! Just handle it with care its a very thin cord that connects to the actual headset and seems like with a big tug it would snap into like a pringle chip. With this in mind and the amount of money u spent on it..... taking the time to care for this product would be the ideal thing too do. I bought mine at gamestop used for $15 dollars, i couldnt see spending 40 dollars on it no way lol
Posted:
Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:04 pm
quote : #4
Any USB headset will work on the PS2. I know a friend of mine who had a spare Plantronics USB headset lying around and saved himself a cool $30.

-Mytho
Posted:
Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:57 pm
quote : #5
i have the logitech one also and i think it fits and works great just dont throw it or step on it
Posted:
Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:37 pm
quote : #6
One last tip: Do not use your PS2 headset as a grappling hook.

EDIT: Wait, if its already broken, then you can use it as a grappling hook.

EDIT#2: WARNING ps2 headset cannot support human weight
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:53 am
quote : #7
I own the Logitech Headset and I can't really complain..Oh and Nikon thanks for the tips.. Very Happy Smile Smile
ESPN NFL 2K5
007 Everything or Nothing
SOCOM II
Need For Speed Underground 1 and 2
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
Bawitback
rank 7
Posted:
Sun May 29, 2005 4:35 pm
quote : #8
Alright, thx for the responces. About a week ago I recieved (as a award) a Headset. But its the old kinda, via (mic-in/speaker-in). I'm thinking about buying a USB-converter.
YouBlowinMyHigh
rank 9
Posted:
Sun May 29, 2005 7:40 pm
quote : #9
Yah i had got the microphone from gamestop used. This was the first one by logitech, im guessing the "socom" microphone.I saw a better one with a mute button and volume dial at target. I bought it of course, its made by logitech also this one has the playstation logo on the earphone and playstation 2 written on the usb box. Very Nice!
Posted:
Sun May 29, 2005 9:00 pm
quote : #10
BluntWrapTexas wrote:
Yah i had got the microphone from gamestop used. This was the first one by logitech, im guessing the "socom" microphone.I saw a better one with a mute button and volume dial at target. I bought it of course, its made by logitech also this one has the playstation logo on the earphone and playstation 2 written on the usb box. Very Nice!

Yep that is the one I have. The thing I like about it most, is that it is comfortable. It's big poofy cushion on the ear piece makes wearing it for hours..NO PROBLEM. Headsets/headphones tend to cause your earlobe to start to get sore after a while. But this one has a nice cushion on it, its really commfy. Also notice the part that grips the other side of your head, is made of a nice rubbery material.