Page 1 of 1
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:56 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Finally beat Nineball. Man is he hard. If you own nexus get to the end. DO NOT GIVE UP! Strategize, keep trying and adjust your mech. Do not get discouraged. You can do it! hehe (bonuses await you after you complete the game btw)

I tried yet again, and adjusted my mech a few times and lost each time. Then I re-equipped my KISSYOH option part, which emits lockon cancel pulses. And so I take out all the preliminary shit, and then Nineball comes up, once again. I am preparing myself as always.

I launch a series of missle attacks and then just let in on him with my left arm sniper rifle and pixie2. Then he is just standing their in mid air, hovering. I'm wondering what the hell is wrong with him. But only for a split fraction of a second. I do not let up and continue unloading everything I have on him. I see him twitching a bit. Then he UNLOADS all his weapons at once. I go realing back, half of my health completly depleated.

I keep on firing and then Nineball suddenly crashes to the ground. YES! VICTORY! FINALLY!

It wasn't until afterwards that I realised that the kissyoh did the trick. Also I think I got kinda lucky too.

So I finally got to see the end credits. Btw: Upon beating the game you get Free Arena and Free Mission modes unlocked. And you get the same credits in Free Missions that you would when doing them as actually missions. Damage and Ammo costs apply as well. But basically you can do easy missions over and over and rack up tonssss of credits. So basically can built whatever mech you want after you beat the game.

Also something really crazy happens when you beat the game, cept I won't tell you that Wink I wouldn't want to spoil it.

Now I just have to finish clearing all the missions on the Revolutions disc. Mr. Green

Last edited by lordnikon on Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:27 am; edited 4 times in total
rank 38
Posted:
Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:24 pm
quote : #2
I had no trouble fighting Nine-Ball, but then again, I came packing some major heat right from the get go. Could hardly keep up with him in the beginning. Thought I was a goner for sure until I went underneath the structure and got some distance.

Now it's time to move over to Disc 2. Is there anything really substantial to gain other than movies/music/bonuses?
Posted:
Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:29 pm
quote : #3
TheMytho wrote:
I had no trouble fighting Nine-Ball, but then again, I came packing some major heat right from the get go. Could hardly keep up with him in the beginning. Thought I was a goner for sure until I went underneath the structure and got some distance.

Moving under the structure is key! In some respects you have no choice, since Nine Ball will increase the heat on your AC to the point where you can't even boost. So you get stuck down there no matter what.

TheMytho wrote:
Now it's time to move over to Disc 2. Is there anything really substantial to gain other than movies/music/bonuses?

There are hidden parts on the revolution disc. Substantial? You get to play through remixed missions from the PS1 armored core games!! That is pretty substantial in my opinion. Great missions, all revamped for the PS2.