Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
zero
rank 3
Posted:
Sat May 07, 2005 4:34 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I would just like to open a dialoge about the newest worms game to come out for the PS2 ( i think Confused ) I have been a fan of the worms games starting with Armagedon on the DREAMCAST Mr. Green and actually thought that worms 3d was a good transition into 3d not everything but still pretty darn good. I was really looking forward to W.F.U.S. but it is barely worth the $20 new i paid for it. These are some of the few problems i have with the game. 1) you can't co op in the muilti player (every game should have a co-op option of some kind) come on i can think of no justification as to why you would take that out of the game it was in both W.3D and Armagedon. 2) the terrain is not destroyable?!!?! Umm i checked the cover of the box and yeah it still said worms on it but the ground doesn't give way when you launch a hippo with a rocket on his back into it? Deeply disterbing. These errors coupled with arbitrary camera angles giveing you a great view of the inside of walls make this a poorly coded game. I would love to get some feed back about this game from anyone eles who has had the, shall i say missfortune of playing it.
Zero
Posted:
Sat May 07, 2005 5:25 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Team 17 is trying new things with the worms franchise with all these 3D titles. So some games will turn out "ok" and others might be not quite hit the mark. I have not played worms forts under siege yet.

Personally I think the best worms game is still Worms World Party for Dreamcast.

This series always was best in a side scrolling perspective.
rank 23
Posted:
Sat May 07, 2005 6:04 pm
quote : #3
I know that it isn't worms at all, but isn't Future Tactics's geamplay at least similar? It does have destructible environments.

zero
rank 3
Posted:
Sat May 07, 2005 7:17 pm
quote : #4
Apple,
Is there a way that you can turn on destructible enviornments? When i play the only things that gets destroyed are castles and towers and things you build. It always sucked when a computer was behind a tree that just couldn't die. If you know how to fix this let me know please it would greatly increase my enjoyment of this game.
Zero
Posted:
Sat May 07, 2005 8:16 pm
quote : #5
Oh no I haven't played Worms sorry. I was talking about Future Tactics's destructible environments.

Bawitback
rank 7
Posted:
Sun May 08, 2005 9:02 am
quote : #6
Yes, it was a disappointment. But Worms 4 looks promising. http://www.3dgamers.com/games/worms4/