Page Location: Home > Archive (News) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed May 11, 2005 4:28 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Gamers in the United States havn't even gotten Nine Breaker yet, and Europe is just now getting Nexus supposedly. Now comes Armored Core: Last Raven. A fitting title to what will most likely be the LAST AC game to hit the Playstation 2 platform. Based on the past history of this game's releases, Last Raven will not be hitting the United States until spring 2006. The game is set to release in Japan on August 4th and is currently 90% completed.

Ok, to say From Software is "taking it up a notch", would be an understatement. Nexus already pushed limits of how much time you spend in the AC Garage. With its new Tuning features and heat stress, one could spend hours sitting in the garage working on, adjusting, and fine tuning their AC. Last Raven takes it to a whole new level adding a damage system! Now each and every single AC part will accumulate damage seperatly. This will effect the functionality of the parts in battle, and they can even break after continious wear and tear. Unbelievable!

OH! This isn't the only suprise. If you have played through any AC game, the companies such as Mirage, Kisaragi and Crest will be all too familiar to you. In a shocking turn of events these companies are now merging!!!! Into a single alliance! Supposedly this new found alliance takes control of the entire planet. After this a new Mercenary organization called Vertex, lead by Jack O, calls for all Ravens to join his collective. He claims he will go to war with the alliance in 24 hours.

Last Raven will feature over 70 missions, and 500 parts. 20 of the parts will be brand new additions to the game. Also the environments will now change to reflect the time of day: morning, noon, evening, and night. There is no word as of yet if this will be tied to the PS2's internal clock, or if weather effects will be present.

(As far as true actual online support. I highly doubt it will be in this game. More i.link / LAN support of course, but no online. If more details arise, and it does indeed have true online, I would be taken aback to say the least.)

You have to really look at what From Software is doing with each passing year. They are taking the time to evolve a mech series into such intricate complexities, that as video game technology continues to progress, their simulation will be so detailed and realistic, they could probobly create new mech parts and sell them in a virtual world. It's almost scary to invision what this series will be like 4 or even 5 years from now...

Last edited by lordnikon on Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:53 pm; edited 6 times in total
rank 39
Posted:
Wed May 11, 2005 7:11 pm
quote : #2
wow theres a lot coming our way for armored core... i think there is even a psp game coming
Posted:
Wed May 11, 2005 9:16 pm
quote : #3
Mir_wan wrote:
wow theres a lot coming our way for armored core... i think there is even a psp game coming

Well, actually the PSP game you are talking about is AC:Formula Front which is set to come out for both the PSP and the PS2. Thing is, this game doesn't allow you to actually pilot the AC's. It's a strategy game. You setup your AC and then watch it do battle with a rival arena opponent. So its like an AC simulator.

Armored Core Nine Breaker is set to supposedly release this summer. Which is all arena gameplay, and has a randomized arena opponent creator(this rules!!!). This game hails back to Silent Line, which was also very Arena focused.

Thing is, I am DYING to see what the interface and layout is in Last Raven.

Nine Breaker is like the Arena Expansion to nexus, like Silent Line was to AC3, and Another Age was to AC2. So Nine Breakers interface is just like Nexus's, just that its red instead of blue.

I have seen no heavy images, scans, movies, and the like from Last Raven yet. I will be plastering stuff all over the place in the AC froum though soon as I come across anything.
rank 39
Posted:
Thu May 12, 2005 5:08 am
quote : #4
any chance of online for any of them
Posted:
Wed May 18, 2005 2:37 am
quote : #5
Nah, not for a while. Its really hard to get games online in Japan, and this game series is a Japanese game first, and then gets brought over to other regions. Whatever online mode they would put in it would have to be completly different for Japan and other territories. This is same reason why games like Tekken 5, and Soul Calibur 3 don't have online either.

Almost every game in Japan that is online, is subscription based. In-fact the only games that are not subscription based, are those that head over from western developers. Games from EA and the like.

If you really want to take this game online, try XLink. Word has it there are AC gamers on there regularly playing Nexus online. I have not checked XLink in a while. I will be soon though. Going to set it up on my new research box.
rank 39
Posted:
Wed May 18, 2005 4:59 am
quote : #6
o thats rough for japan gamers
Posted:
Thu May 19, 2005 1:15 am
quote : #7
Yea :/

http://playstation2.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/content_gameslist_jp.php

^^^ Their list of online games is pretty meager.